• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

what's the connection between previous employment at a fast food restaurant and security clearance?

do you read your posts aloud before posting them? if not, I would recommend it.
I think it’s your comprehension, man. Government jobs require you to list all prior experience regardless of whether you think it’s worth listing or not.

why the fuck would she have to put out docs proving she worked at mcdonalds in her teens, jesus christ.

the new birtherism is fucking dumb.
It’s the theme the McDonald’s stunt drives home and a major issue she’s been trying to tackle during her whole run - she flip flops on issues and voters have a hard time knowing who she actually is. Did she actually work at McDonald’s? Does she actually support fracking? Does she actually etc etc etc

That’s what the pollsters and pundits note as her big issue, not my opinion.

The purpose of this is so that when Harris inevitably wins in a landslide, MAGA ratfuckers can claim that the polls were so close that her huge victory looks fraudulent. They don't expect these faked polls to drive voting, just to lay the groundwork for a future grievance that the election was "rigged", which, in turn, will be their pretext to start a civil war.
Can you point me to the real polls that aren’t faked, I guess? So I can know who I’m supposed to be trusting?

It’s the theme the McDonald’s stunt drives home and a major issue she’s been trying to tackle during her whole run - she flip flops on issues and voters have a hard time knowing who she actually is. Did she actually work at McDonald’s? Does she actually support fracking? Does she actually etc etc etc

That’s what the pollsters and pundits note as her big issue, not my opinion.
Certainly she isn't the "father of IVF". That amazing process that began in 1978 in England.

I'm not hip with it like ME so I don't know the full details... but I saw some comments from maga folks that Eminem has turned maga/Republican because he was mocking wokeness and trannies in his last album. But it was apparently very obviously satirical.

I guess this puts an end to the whole Eminem is now MAGA idea.

"According to evidence presented at trial, Benton helped a Russian national secure a ticket to a Republican National Committee event in 2016, where he would have the opportunity to meet and take a picture with Trump. The Russian national paid Benton $100,000 to get the ticket, prosecutors said."

"Both the Trump campaign and Trump himself were not aware of the scheme involving Russian money, the Justice Department has said."

Truly democracy-destroying stuff.

I know it's not quite the same as not keeping a few 45 yr old paystubs from when you flipped burgers as proof of prior work experience, but it still seemed like something worth posting.

gotta say, seems like there's quite a disconnect between the reality on the ground, and what the polls are saying. hope that is true and continues...
Depends which world you live in. As flyguy points out, if you're in a right wing echochamber environment, the "ground" may seem heavily skewed in the other direction. I'm biased so it's hard for me to determine what the ground really says.

Back