• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

imo the Trump momentum is a 'red wave' polling driven narrative and not something we're seeing play out in reality.
I would agree this is the most likely scenario. But that is assuming history repeats itself, and that the pollsters learned nothing from 2022. I don't feel comfortable that either of these is true right now.

I would agree this is the most likely scenario. But that is assuming history repeats itself, and that the pollsters learned nothing from 2022. I don't feel comfortable that either of these is true right now.

I think pollsters are missing how many registers republicans will vote blue. Making assumptions because they missed on trump beforr.

Agreed. If you can’t articulate your attributes on Rogan, you probably shouldn’t be president
She absolutely should do Rogan's show. She would need to have a "shut down' response to immigration and the phantom 'trans" issue that Rogan's audience cam relate to.

If she can pry a million listeners to her side, it would be huge.

He will also ask the kind of benign but deeply stupid questions that resonate with his listeners.

I think part of the point to go on the show is for him to bring up the dumb questions about stuff made up by maga and for her to bring truth/facts to the show. As I said before, he will put links up on his tv and watch to learn stuff. If she comes with receipts, it could go really well with her

and that the pollsters learned nothing from 2022. I don't feel comfortable that either of these is true right now.

A lot of the sampling models look goofy, full stop....and thats in the non partisan polls from firms trying to be accurate. Again, if they're right that women are going to make up a really small% of the electorate compared to recent elections...I'll bow down. I don't see the recent polling or reality based argument for that assessment though.

I think pollsters are missing how many registers republicans will vote blue. Making assumptions because they missed on trump beforr.

That's another thing, it's sure starting to look like Kamala's share of R's is going to go from previous estimated 5% up to 7-8%.

I think part of the point to go on the show is for him to bring up the dumb questions about stuff made up by maga and for her to bring truth/facts to the show. As I said before, he will put links up on his tv and watch to learn stuff. If she comes with receipts, it could go really well with her

My only concern, if I was a Kamala handler, is that I've never seen her really be great at answering questions without a bit of a speech attached, which imo is where the silly trump talking points about her come from. Rogan is a great platform if you're willing to sit down and converse like a human being. If you're answering questions with language straight out of your stump speeches, you're going to sound disconnected and elitist next to that caveman.

It does seem likely that more Republicans than ever will either vote for Kamala (or a 3rd party) or stay home on Election Day. Even a few percentage points makes a massive difference. It's one of 2 reasons why I don't think the election will be close in the end (the other being enthusiasm and turnout from Democrat-leaning women).

Just hard to be too optimistic looking at these polls.

My only concern, if I was a Kamala handler, is that I've never seen her really be great at answering questions without a bit of a speech attached, which imo is where the silly trump talking points about her come from. Rogan is a great platform if you're willing to sit down and converse like a human being. If you're answering questions with language straight out of your stump speeches, you're going to sound disconnected and elitist next to that caveman.

Hopefully, she can talk like a human vs lets says trump haha. Kinda sucks walz can’t go on with her (if she does go) - as he would be ammmmmazzzzing

It does seem likely that more Republicans than ever will either vote for Kamala (or a 3rd party) or stay home on Election Day. Even a few percentage points makes a massive difference. It's one of 2 reasons why I don't think the election will be close in the end (the other being enthusiasm and turnout from Democrat-leaning women).

Just hard to be too optimistic looking at these polls.

Do what most people do - stop trusting polls. Go with the general vibes :)

ust hard to be too optimistic looking at these polls.

As I've said. My heart is very concerned. My head, not nearly as much. The polls calling this a close race look primed to be really wrong. Which doesn't mean that Trump can't thread the EC needle again like he did in 2016, but let's be clear, if this election goes 50.1-49.9 Kamala, Trump probably wins 300+ EV's and that's what these polls are basically predicting nationally.

Do what most people do - stop trusting polls. Go with the general vibes :)
I mean I generally do ignore them, or take with a massive grain of salt. It's just that in any normal timeline it's 60-40 and it's hard to understand how it could be this close even with a couple of points of fuckery baked in.

I think trump people are hoping to break the law (ie illegal registrations), find a way to get him into th White House and it won’t matter when it’s discovered after the fact.

That would be the concern vs polls.

Hopefully, she can talk like a human vs lets says trump haha. Kinda sucks walz can’t go on with her (if she does go) - as he would be ammmmmazzzzing

Yeah, I think Walz would perform better on Rogan than Kamala would....unless as you mention, she really dialed down the politician speak and was the Kamala that we've seen in cooking videos for a few hours.

Yeah, I think Walz would perform better on Rogan than Kamala would....unless as you mention, she really dialed down the politician speak and was the Kamala that we've seen in cooking videos for a few hours.
It's annoying that she can't tap into that side of her more easily. It's very charming.

Back