• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
This is a very complex topic, as those in homes requiring care are deemed the most vulnerable. But certainly, if the patient is dying what should it matter if you are risking further exposure to COVID?
I know if it was my mom? I’d pull her out of a home and into my place lickity split. That is not how someone should go.

anne25

Condolences to you and your family. I know that at the best of times deaths are difficult for families and these are definitely not the best of times.

I know from experience that COVID 19 has added additional stress even when the virus was not the cause of death.

Preston

The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust
Pfizer submitting emergency approval to the FDA today. FDA will meet in nearly 3 weeks to discuss and decide on the findings (understandably considering we're looking at several thousands of pages of information that they'll need to review... typically the review takes 10-12 months). Pfizer says they'll be shipping out within hours of approval.

Americans are likely to begin getting vaccinated in mid-late December.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
Rumor is Habsy's healthcare biz secured a whole bunch of doses (that fell off a truck) and will be distributing it to ForumIce members!!!

We just need to supply a fancy freezer....

Preston

Rumor is Habsy's healthcare biz secured a whole bunch of doses (that fell off a truck) and will be distributing it to ForumIce members!!!

We just need to supply a fancy freezer....
Shit.. We need to keep him away from the politics thread or he is going to drop dead before he's able to distribute them to us. Either that or we need to start defending Trump in there. Shit.

CH1

For your sake, I hope he forgets your anti Brendan Gallagher comments ('as fun to watch as a construction worker')

Preston

I think he'll understand that I respect the hell out of Gallagher and that he's a damn good hockey player. Just insanely boring.

Last edited:

CH1

Life expectancy for a male in Russia is 66, compared to 79 for Canadian dudes.

Alcohol abuse is the big reason.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
The “Swedish approach” was briefly lauded in certain circles. Now that term will be condemnable for all time.

Sorry, IKEA.

It was always a tragically hilarious attempt to advance a pro-business political ideology and as a bunch of us here argued from the start, was based entirely on a bad foundational understanding of what the fucking economy actually is.