• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Fitness Nerds and Babe

Yeah we basically view it all similarly then…..I haven’t even gone to a physio yet, cause I’m skeptical they’d provide much more than the physio’s on YouTube.

….but I’m at the point I’ll try anything basically. Especially when most rehab programs claim it’ll take 6 months to heal it….if I’m lucky. Fuck that noise.

Apparently the idea is that since they get such poor blood supply, the dry needling encourages blood into the area for repair.

I’m generally pretty skeptical of this sort of thing, but am willing to take a shot at this point….even if just for the placebo.
Isn't that the same concept as cupping?

My physio is the one who needles me, should add that.

That’s usually the only treatment she gives during a visit. Then I go home and do my exercises.

Has kept me climbing for years, despite various finger, wrist, shoulder, and knee ailments

That’s usually the only treatment she gives during a visit. Then I go home and do my exercises.

Has kept me climbing for years, despite various finger, wrist, shoulder, and knee ailments
Oh, and the occasional shockwave therapy

….and it is through my gf’s physio I’d be doing it. She’s had it done in the past and swears by it, but she also buys into stuff less skeptically than I normally do, haha.

This coming week though I’m gonna give it a try

This is particularly encouraging to hear cause I know rock climbing can be a mf on tendons, so the fact physio & these treatments have you still climbing is great.

I’ll ask about the shockwave therapy as well.

Do you have a Theraband flexbar for the exercises you do at home? I guess they’re pretty big in the rock climbing community for strengthening tendons. (One of the channels I got my exercises from was predominantly aimed at climbers)

Is icing injuries bad now? I recall reading doctors no longer recommend for certain ailments

Is icing injuries bad now? I recall reading doctors no longer recommend for certain ailments
In my experience it depends on the injury. Inflammation needs ice. But if your injury has caused a muscle to be tight then ice will worsen that condition. Heat for tightness, ice for swelling. If there is a tear involved though it becomes tricky. If people have a good RMT or Osteo/physio available a really great modality to use is the cold laser. Massive reduces swelling and inflammation and promotes collagen growth to expedite healing.

Has anyone used the roll on THC/CBD pain relievers, I've been told they do well but if anyone has 1st hand results it would be appreciated.

Has anyone used the roll on THC/CBD pain relievers, I've been told they do well but if anyone has 1st hand results it would be appreciated.
I’ve used them. For me, just ok. Not useless but not great either but i guess it would depend on if it’s for minor aches and pains post workout etc. I’ve liked arnica cream for stuff in a pinch.

Yeah I think it can limit pain in the area, but it’s basically viewed as slowing down the healing process overall.

Like it helps reduce inflammation, but for most injuries that will heal on their own, inflammation is a key part of the repair process that you wouldn’t want to be slowing down.

like Babe said, I think there’s certain things you’d still want to use it for…..but from everything I’ve read so far, it’s not anything I should be using on my elbow tendinitis for instance.

Anyone have a good morning stretching routine?

Lower back and hips have gotten really tight.

Forgot to mention for low back pain this is another hugely beneficial one….

View: https://youtu.be/t2dGCV7Vj3Y?si=6P27RYA6gZ9atEVV

More often than not with low back pain, it’s something else along the chain that’s causing the tightness in the low back….tight hamstrings, tight glutes, etc.

that glute stretch in particular is great for instantly relieving any lower back tightness, in my experience.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention for low back pain this is another hugely beneficial one….

View: https://youtu.be/t2dGCV7Vj3Y?si=6P27RYA6gZ9atEVV

More often than not with low back pain, it’s something else along the chain that’s causing the tightness in the low back.

that glute stretch in particular is great for instantly relieving any lower back tightness, in my experience.

Perfect, I try and roll my IT bands (or whatever they are called) but I assume my calves and hamstrings are tight as well.

My physiotherapist told me rolling IT bands is essentially useless as you will never roll hard enough and blading is a more efficient way to break up the tissue.

Merely her opinion of course

Last edited:
My physiotherapist told me rolling IT bands is essentially useless as you will never roll hard enough and blading is a more efficient way to break up them up the tissue.

Merely her opinion of course
It's more than an opinion! It's correct. It's like trying to roll cast iron steel.

in the past 10 years or so, I've been dealing with bursitis in the shoulder. Nerve entrapment in fascia.
Tonnes of fascia in my core that I've done a tonne of therapy and stretching.

I got nerve numbness in my upper thigh. and permanently tight mid back.

7 years ago I ruptured my achilles and that tweaks a lot of the body to compensate. But stress is my biggest enemy.

Back