• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Fitness Nerds and Babe

another god tier condiment….miso butter.

White miso mixed 1:1 with softened butter, and a big splash of sherry vinegar, some fresh pepper…and you have one of the most versatile, unctuous, umami, bright, sharp flavoured condiments that tastes amazing on anything from fish, to chicken, to asparagus, corn, honestly just about any veggie imaginable.

It’s maybe the best ratio of impressive flavour : work required, in my kitchen toolbox….impresses the fuck out of people who have never had it (or who can’t recognize the miso flavour)….given how original and different a taste it is.

Both Momofuku (with corn, or on blackened cod) and Nobu (over fried asparagus) have had it as a staple on their menus for years.

….also nice for your micro biome that you’re doubling down on the fermentation with the miso & vinegar.

View attachment 21903

View attachment 21904

View attachment 21905
i fucking love miso butter and miso in general. Try finishing a steak with a miso butter bath. Heavenly. I gotta use it more. I've made miso soup from scratch a few times and it's soooo good.

So after my upper body workout last night I went swimming today. Fucking fantastic. Leisurely swim and did some walking and lunges and a bunch of stretching. One thing I really notice is how much worse my left side is than my right. Lots of tightness in glutes and hips...not as much on the right side.

So after my upper body workout last night I went swimming today. Fucking fantastic. Leisurely swim and did some walking and lunges and a bunch of stretching. One thing I really notice is how much worse my left side is than my right. Lots of tightness in glutes and hips...not as much on the right side.
Try throwing in unilateral work when doing legs. Bulgarian split squats Cossack squats, single leg hip thrusts creates a more balanced workout to ensure gains for the weaker side as well as the stronger side. Also lots of range of motion pieces. Hip flexion and extension, lateral rotation.

As an aside, swimming is a fabulous way to work all of your ranges and support muscles with way less joint work.

As an aside, swimming is a fabulous way to work all of your ranges and support muscles with way less joint work.

Yeah when it comes to longevity & quality of life as people get up there in age, I’m not sure there’s anything better than swimming & aquasize etc for seniors.

Also....anyone got a good youtube channel for learning to cook Indian food? Want to add some quality vegetarian food to my rotation

Also....anyone got a good youtube channel for learning to cook Indian food? Want to add some quality vegetarian food to my rotation
not a youtube channel, but we have a handful of go-to recipes. all veggie though. various dals, chana masala. can point you to different sites that have a LOT of recipes too.

and we make homemade naan as well.

My go to

Back