• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

We've all lost the plot that Bill Maher is complete shit.

Just to swerve for a moment someone suggested Norm as a Mount Rushmore candidate of comedy and im not sure i can get there.

Carlin
Rock
Seinfeld
Cross

Would be my 4, i fully expect to take garbage for David Cross. Chapelle might have got there, but his last couple years have been ungood.

I think he’s properly rated. No one would say he’s the best or anything, but he’s pretty fucking funny.
Outside of the first Hangover, which in and of itself is overrated, but indeed funny. I cant think of a single Galifinakis picture that is remotely funny. I mean, maybe, the Campaign, but he's basically just playing the same awkward dude in everything. It grew tired fast for me.

On that note i feel the same about Ed Helms.

We've all lost the plot that Bill Maher is complete shit.

Just to swerve for a moment someone suggested Norm as a Mount Rushmore candidate of comedy and im not sure i can get there.

Carlin
Rock
Seinfeld
Cross

Would be my 4, i fully expect to take garbage for David Cross. Chapelle might have got there, but his last couple years have been ungood.
Yeah the Cross take is brutal but I'll allow it. Carlin was a genius but less funny and more of a brilliant observationalist for me, as opposed to laugh out loud hilarious and a great performer. I still put him up there because he was too damn brilliant to leave out.

Rock was the Hasek of comics. High peak but not overly consistent over the years imo. Awesome performer but not quite at the level of some others in terms of longevity and natural joke-telling abilities.

Norm, Chappelle, Carlin are probably my top 3. They just think on a different level more than anything else. When they spoke, no matter what the platform, you want to listen because they're funny, insightful, engaging and just all around brilliant human beings.

Last edited:
Yeah the Cross take is brutal but I'll allow it. Carlin was a genius but less funny and more of a brilliant observationalist for me, as opposed to laugh out loud hilarious and a great performer. I still put him up there because he was too damn brilliant to leave out.

Rock was the Hasek of comics. High peak but no overly consistent over the years imo. Awesome performer but not quite at the level of some others.

Norm, Chappelle, Carlin are probably my top 3. They just think on a different level more than anything else. When they spoke, no matter what the platform, you want to listen because they're funny, insightful, engaging and just all around brilliant human beings.
Maybe im being too hard on Dave, at one point he was my number 2, but his last 2 specials for me have been borderline bad.

And i acknowledge i like Cross too muuch,

Maybe im being too hard on Dave, at one point he was my number 2, but his last 2 specials for me have been borderline bad.

And i acknowledge i like Cross too muuch,
He has evolved and become less of a comedian and more of a "thinker" these days. Not a big fan either. And his petty feud with the trans community is unnecessary, whether one agrees with him or not. But I'm looking past it because I know he can be better; there's glimpses of it in his specials. He's just choosing to be someone different.

He has evolved and become less of a comedian and more of a "thinker" these days. Not a big fan either. And his petty feud with the trans community is unnecessary, whether one agrees with him or not. But I'm looking past it because I know he can be better; there's glimpses of it in his specials. He's just choosing to be someone different.
Yeah, and i dislike it enough to bump him. Probably more because i disagree with what he's saying than him choosing to be a thinker in general.

Outside of the first Hangover, which in and of itself is overrated, but indeed funny. I cant think of a single Galifinakis picture that is remotely funny. I mean, maybe, the Campaign, but he's basically just playing the same awkward dude in everything. It grew tired fast for me.

On that note i feel the same about Ed Helms.
Between Two Ferns is hilarious.

I’m not a Helms fan.

but that reminds me of another genius - Carrell.

Back