• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

I’m not in a spot to watch it right now but will later. I honestly think it would be so Norm if he found the guy completely unfunny and that’s what made it funny for him to pick that guy.

I loved Williams the actor, but I hated his comedy shtick. That tornado of ramblings and bad impressions did absolutely nothing for me. But Awakenings, Good Will Hunting, Doubtfire, etc. are a whole other story.
I felt this way about him. I couldn't watch him on talk shows. Too much rambling non-stop and I never found it funny. That said, what an amazing dramatic actor. Once he got a chance to do films like Moscow on the Hudson and Good Morning, Vietnam it sent his career in the right direction.
Whoopie Goldberg was a bit like him. Just terrible at comedy, yet once she went into drama she was amazing.

I felt this way about him. I couldn't watch him on talk shows. Too much rambling non-stop and I never found it funny. That said, what an amazing dramatic actor. Once he got a chance to do films like Moscow on the Hudson and Good Morning, Vietnam it sent his career in the right direction.
Whoopie Goldberg was a bit like him. Just terrible at comedy, yet once she went into drama she was amazing.
I was with you till you threw the Whoopi curveball at the end there.

I was a huge Robin Williams fan. The ramblings are what make him. He could fly through a scene from five different perspectives and back again without missing a beat.

He can be an asshole and a brilliant comedy mind, these things are not mutually exclusive.

He takes himself very seriously I think, but a lot of people that reach that level of success have huge egos.
He can be funny but he doesn’t get into my hall of fame for personal reasons.

Another one that falls in this category is Cosby. Can’t deny his genius but no spot in the hall for him either.

He can be funny but he doesn’t get into my hall of fame for personal reasons.

Another one that falls in this category is Cosby. Can’t deny his genius but no spot in the hall for him either.
I was never a big Cosby fan, and he was certainly no "genius". He had a long career and a very popular show for sure, but he was overrated as a comedian and also a complete and utter psychopath in ways that he can't really be compared to any of the other people with scandals because his crimes were so, so, so much worse.

Back