• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Between Two Ferns is hilarious.

I’m not a Helms fan.

but that reminds me of another genius - Carrell.
It's good but very one note.

His stand up and movies i find bad for the most part.

Oddly my favorite thing he's done is called It's Kind of a Funny Story, where he plays a patient in a suicide ward, but isn't his normal wacky Galifinacky self.

He’s actually a very underrated actor. He’s just one of those guys I find amusing and funny no matter what he does. Part of it is the look and expression, even when the words aren’t anything special.

He’s actually a very underrated actor. He’s just one of those guys I find amusing and funny no matter what he does. Part of it is the look and expression, even when the words aren’t anything special.
Its Kind of a Funny Story shows hes capable of this, but thus far his career choices are very Rob Schneider ish

Outside of the first Hangover, which in and of itself is overrated, but indeed funny. I cant think of a single Galifinakis picture that is remotely funny. I mean, maybe, the Campaign, but he's basically just playing the same awkward dude in everything. It grew tired fast for me.

On that note i feel the same about Ed Helms.

Between 2 ferns is genius

Bill Hicks and Mitch Hedberg if they had lived longer I think would be in this conversation. Actually not sure about Mitch - he went a little hard on the drugs, but I'm not sure he would have been the same without drugs lol.
I've never been one, but Mitch's stoner style always tickled me. One of my fave stand ups.

I agree that Norm's awkwardness was part of his "anti-humour" act. He was clever and funny for sure. Nowhere near Mt. Rushmore though. Good, not great.

I don't know how to narrow it down to 4 though. Fuck, it's tough. There's no way to do it without leaving out some all-time greats. I also really want to shoehorn Steve Martin in there, laugh out loud funny and the best "smart/dumb" routine ever. But he didn't do it for that long and I am biased since I love that dude.

George Carlin
Dave Chappelle
Robin Williams
Jerry Seinfeld

Don't think anybody mentioned Richard Pryor yet, that guy was right up there. Burr, Eddie, Rock, Louis CK too.

I will say that the running bit of "Germans love David Hasselhoff" was a classic!
If you think about it, Norm basically pioneered a whole style of comedy. The deliberate awkward silence, excessive repeated jokes. It’s the anti-comedy comedy. I think Family Guy was basically built on his brand of humor.

Back