• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Mrs. Presto knew about it. Like me, she was more offended by the hackiness of the joke than the "joke" itself. But she has kept me in the loop about Will Smith being a psychopath for years now, despite keeping it relatively contained and out of the public eye. I am very happy to see his Tom Cruise moment finally come to fruition because this is what entertainment is all about.

south-park-slap.gif

PR stunt from everyone involved.

Chris Rocks shows just took a massive upturn in ticket sales.

Will Smith/family stays relevant.

Oscars get the most talk since probably the 80s.

All this is bullshit.

Hope nobody here has had to experience it, but damn I would not be able to look at my gf/wife if I knew she stepped out and had sex with someone else. It would be over, no matter what the reason or circumstances. And that's me living as a private citizen. If I was a public figure and everyone knew that happened, I might die of shame and heartbreak.

A friend of mine here had his wife cheat on him with some dude, leave him for said dude, and my friend was like it's all for the best. Everyone was like fuck that bitch. Oh, fast forward two years and the guy left her high and dry and she came back to my friend and he TOOK HER BACK. I've never been able to look at him the same. I mean, good for them if they're happy, but that is something I will never understand or be able to relate to.

A friend of mine here had his wife cheat on him with some dude, leave him for said dude, and my friend was like it's all for the best. Everyone was like fuck that bitch. Oh, fast forward two years and the guy left her high and dry and she came back to my friend and he TOOK HER BACK. I've never been able to look at him the same. I mean, good for them if they're happy, but that is something I will never understand or be able to relate to.

it’s not her fault she has alopecia.

Him and his PR team have worked very very hard for years to not allow the crazy to come out to this extent. We've all seen flashes but this was on another level and doesn't do anything for that clean, family man imagine that Will has worked so hard to keep.

I'm going to struggle with that one from the Chris Rock side too...Chris got paid 40 million by Netflix for two specials recently, and sells out large venues whenever he wants to tour. I'm not sure where the motivation is...lemme see, if I let the Fresh Prince slap me in front of a billion people I'll make 42 million off of Netflix for my next deal and sell out tour dates 3 minutes faster than I was already selling them out.

Waiting until you're 57 and worth 100 million dollars to start PR stunting doesn't pass the smell test.

Him and his PR team have worked very very hard for years to not allow the crazy to come out to this extent. We've all seen flashes but this was on another level and doesn't do anything for that clean, family man imagine that Will has worked so hard to keep.
He's actually going to get some people backing him. I've seen a few celebrities already. Tiffany Hadish was like "that is EXACTLY what a man should do" - but these takes are in the minority. Aside from them, who I expect will get more neutral as time passes, he's going to take a lot of time to recover from the angry black man thing he did on live tv. That yelling, with that anger, isn't going to be soon forgotten. If you're a producer who wanted to hire him for some hero, husband, father role, just crossed him off the list and started looking at alternatives. That I can promise you.

First example of someone fucking his own career up in the short term on the night he wins best actor, which normally powers an actor through a few years of intense interest from filmmakers and studios. That alone is making him consider suicide as we speak.

I'm going to struggle with that one from the Chris Rock side too...Chris got paid 40 million by Netflix for two specials recently, and sells out large venues whenever he wants to tour. I'm not sure where the motivation is...lemme see, if I let the Fresh Prince slap me in front of a billion people I'll make 42 million off of Netflix for my next deal and sell out tour dates 3 minutes faster than I was already selling them out.

Waiting until you're 57 and worth 100 million dollars to start PR stunting doesn't pass the smell test.
Holy motherfucker, Chris Rock is 57. I swear I read that and had to google it because I can't believe that dude is almost 60.

Hope nobody here has had to experience it, but damn I would not be able to look at my gf/wife if I knew she stepped out and had sex with someone else. It would be over, no matter what the reason or circumstances. And that's me living as a private citizen. If I was a public figure and everyone knew that happened, I might die of shame and heartbreak.

OK Boomer

Back