• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

And by the way, I'd still put it at a 10-15% chance the Academy takes his award back if enough people out there get vocal about it.

Not sure it'll get that kind of momentum, but there were definitely a bunch of tweets calling for punishment.

And now we have an IG apology from Smith. All will be forgiven and forgotten within a week.

Sans the memes of course.

Hang on now, humour is how I dealt with cancer.
I'm not saying Rock was right, but making jokes about the bad stuff in your life is how you can get out of it sometimes.
I limped for years, I had one friend in particular who called me step and a half the whole time.

I have avoided watching the clip, but GI Jane is not the worst comparison you could make....Demi Moore yeah?
If he had made a gollum joke for example....that's bad.

Either way I wouldn't have made the joke without knowing the person, and from what I've heard from you people it appears that Will laughed until Jada didn't?
If that's true that's the only reason he did what he did.

So, even if they are both wrong, Will Smith is nuts.
I can absolutely understand that too. That being said
, she’s been vocal about it being really hard for her. To me, that makes it punching below your weight class

I can absolutely understand that too. That being said
, she’s been vocal about it being really hard for her. To me, that makes it punching below your weight class
Yeah, it was wrong. It's one thing to clown Leo for dating younger girls, or Cage and Depp for their eccentric spending habits, and even Brad and others on their divorce troubles. But when you make fun of someone's appearance, especially when it's because of some medical condition, that is not okay. I don't believe Rock when he says he didn't know. I think he just didn't realize it was a big deal to her because she's discussed it publicly. In his head, it really was "just a GI Jane joke", but damn, what an unfunny joke to make.

I'll be honest, I was not a Saget fan. Not from his geek dad days on Full House, or his raunchy stand-up routines which were like watching Joe Biden discuss pussy, or anything else he did. Didn't find him funny at all.

I'll be honest, I was not a Saget fan. Not from his geek dad days on Full House, or his raunchy stand-up routines which were like watching Joe Biden discuss pussy, or anything else he did. Didn't find him funny at all.
I did find him to be an amazing talk show guest.

Oh yeah he was a hack comic. But you can't discount his directing work

Oh yeah he was a hack comic. But you can't discount his directing work

Well, you kinda can. Norm wrote it along with another guy who frequently collaborates on SNL-alum films named Fred Wolf. That's where the magic came from. I don't necessarily think a guy who was never funny actually added to the funniness of that movie. He just stood behind the camera.

Haha, I just hit the video to see some Norm and saw him first insult Saget and then give him some credit. I honestly think the joke part was the truth - yeah, I've seen your work, Bob, stand aside. Haha. Norm was the best.

How'd you tee up the video to start at exactly that moment btw??

That was a highly sanitized version of himself.

Course the following might not be your 'cup of tea' either:

Haha, I just hit the video to see some Norm and saw him first insult Saget and then give him some credit. I honestly think the joke part was the truth - yeah, I've seen your work, Bob, stand aside. Haha. Norm was the best.

How'd you tee up the video to start at exactly that moment btw??
There were other interviews where he mocked the shit out of Bob and his directing job and implied that him and Artie stepped all over him and he had no real idea how to direct. It's pretty funny. This was just the first one I found in a quick search.

I had to google it... I just added &t=3m40s at the end of the link.

Maybe I’m an asshole but I chuckled when he said “GI Jane 2, can’t wait to see it”.

Such a nothing joke.

In comparison, Gervais should be shot for some of the jokes he made.

So lame.

Back