• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

I was surprised to see him look weathered.

He was decent in smaller roles (Blow as one example I didn't see yet) but never turned into a guy that could carry a movie.

Liotta belongs more with guys like Benicio Del Toro, Brian Dennehy, William H. Macy, Christopher Walken. Almost like they mostly played themselves more than guys that can play anyone.

Like "We need a Benicio Del Toro, Brian Dennehy, William H. Macy, Christopher Walken, Ray Liotta type for this role."
This is not a valid statement at all....
Del toro is phenomenal. And Walken is up there....two words Deer Hunter.

Liotta had good fellas and that's pretty much it.

Not one of Liotta's better films:

From the master of schlock, Uwe Boll. Boll made a few of these awful movies mainly to take advantage of German tax laws (so that even if the film lost money - which Boll's movies always did - they'd get back a bunch of money in 'tax breaks').

I feel like he had a bunch of good movies. And if he was in meh to bad ones, he always delivered on his role.

Neither of those guys are leading men. They're awesome as role players in great movies.

I wasn't saying that Liotta is as good as them, just that outside Goodfellas he's never been able to carry a movie.

Del Toro and Walken are both great actors. Not leading men though.

He’s up there right now making sure zekes elevator goes down.

“I’ll give you bad actor paesan”

Back