• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

The "Sly" movie is great. I also loved the Arnold TV show. These 2 are so inspiring. Everything was against them and they beat the odds.

5 episodes in a enjoying Gen V so far. I'd say it's not quite as good as The Boys, but definitely has a lot of what make The Boys so good.

5 episodes in a enjoying Gen V so far. I'd say it's not quite as good as The Boys, but definitely has a lot of what make The Boys so good.

Found the last few episodes picked it up a notch. Great set up leading into season two at the end (dont turn it off after the credits)

I see Matt Berry... he's great.

What we Do in the Shadows is sofa king good.

Berry’s performance as “Sanch” in Dark Place was my first introduction to him, and all these years later it’s still one of my all time fav characters.

Glad he’s had success with Shadows & Toast of London, but he still seems criminally underrated.

It doesn’t get much better than this…

View: https://youtu.be/b987jvUE8Gc?si=SOdacm8l36dflHG-

Last edited:
everything about The Killer on paper looks like a film made specifically to my taste….Fincher, Fassbender, sociopathic assassins, meditative passing, meticulously shot, script from the guy who wrote Seven, based on a popular French graphic novel, metatextual commentary on Fincher as a perfectionist Director….

…..and I couldn’t have been less impressed by it. All style, no substance, extremely paint by numbers and predictable….it’s few good moments feels completely lifted from another currently popular franchise. No clue what Fincher saw in this script that enticed him to make this….felt like completely empty calories compared to the rest of Finchers filmography.

Maybe I’ve completely misread this flick, and there’s remarkable subtext to mine here that completely flew over my head…..but on first pass it felt like a remarkable dud of a flick.

I can only assume it’s Fincher pumping out a non-passion project flick to fulfill his Netflix obligations?

Back