• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

For some reason they were banking on Bree Larson being the face of Marvel into the next generation and that's gone poorly. The Chris's aren't super interested in doing many more of these as Cap and Thor, GotG looks to be done, at least with the current group....and their big move to put Jonathon Majors in as the next big bad to spin this generation around got all fucked up. Marvel's options to keep a big legacy name in the universe and reorganize everything around a big bad were pretty limited it.

View: https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1817371215499071604

View: https://x.com/arnikhazra4/status/1817377246178603356

Great actor. I'm going to watch Peaky Blinders again.

What happened to truly great actors anyway? Tommy Lee Jones is another. Guys like these make you feel the character, not just see them.

DiCaprio
Hardy
Bardem
Joaquim
Cumberbatch
Downey Jr
McConaughey
Bale

and many others.

I’m not a RDJ guy at all….but I have to say, his casting as Dr. Doom has me way more excited for it than anyone else on that list.

Joaquin & Bardem could pull it off, but I don’t know if it would be as interesting/exciting as it is with this ballsy RDJ choice.

His performance in Oppenheimer was a great warm up for what he can bring to Doom.

“Never again will mortal eyes gaze upon the hideous countenance of Victor Von Doom.”

RDJ was born to say that line, upon searing an iron mask to his face.

Been watching this on Britbox…..

A Confession
IMG_3987.jpeg

6 part series, based on a true story and one of the more fresh takes on the genre I’ve seen in a while….captures a wider view of your average case, and follows an interesting timeline relative to most shows, etc.

Really dug it.

There are so many fun ways to have RDj play Doom...the comics have answers already so it's possible they'll just go with an old idea, but in the alternate-universe side of things there are lots of cool ways to go with it.

it comes across as a grasp at the golden days for the studio. I would have preferred someone else.

Knowing that this is the take absolutely everyone would initially think of (as well as nerds complaining he can’t play two roles in the same universe)…..is kinda what makes it such a inspiring choice.

The easiest thing in the world would have been for them to point to these reasons as to why they couldn’t do it…..but seeing the value/benefits of why they could potentially make it work, is what I find most interesting about it.

It’s not as if they haven’t tried to build a completely new universe of characters that leaves the past iteration behind……but the people have kinda spoken, and they don’t love new Cap, Kang, Captain Marvel, Eternals, Marvels, blah blah…

Original Marvel run was built around the star power of the heroes….villains were secondary & not the box office draws……now they go the pro wrestling route, turn their top baby face heel, and have the new generation of heroes they want to put over go up against a massive box office draw of a villain, who they probably face off against in multiple movies, ideally giving some of this new generation a rub, and getting their heroes over.

I’m here for it.

Last edited:
Back