• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Knowing that this is the take absolutely everyone would initially think of (as well as nerds complaining he can’t play two roles in the same universe)…..is kinda a what makes it such a inspiring choice.

The easiest thing in the world would have been for them to point to these reasons as to why they couldn’t do it…..but seeing the value/benefits of why they could potentially make it work, is what I find most interesting about it.

It’s not as if they haven’t tried to build a completely new universe of characters that leaves the past iteration behind……but the people have kinda spoken, and they don’t love new Cap, Kang, Captain Marvel, Eternals, Marvels, blah blah…

Original Marvel run was built around the star power of the heroes….villains were secondary & not the box office draws……now they go the pro wrestling route, turn their top baby face heel, and have the new generation of heroes they want to put over go up against a massive box office draw of a villain, who they probably face off against in multiple movies, ideally giving some of this new generation a rub, and getting their heroes over.

I’m here for it.
Yep. And really... if the writing is shit then it doesn't matter who they got. So, they may as well shoot for the moon. RDJ definitely has as high a potential as anyone

Yeah, it was a fun movie but not as good as I had hoped. I actually thought it was the weakest of the Deadpool movies. A little too convoluted.

For sure.... Definitely worth the $20 or whatever the cost of going to the movies. I'll probably see if I can find it on YouTube too... Just to enjoy it again.

eh I find his good ones very rewatchable.

Juno, Up In the Air, Thank You for Smoking.

Not banal either.

and that Ghostbusters reboot was pretty dang good too.

Back