• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

The Tragically Hip: No Dress Rehearsal on Prime was so great. As a massive Hip fan, I still learned a lot. I love that it wasn't just a fluff piece that went on and on about how wonderful they were and that they didn't give a shit about not breaking big in the States. Or that they were just the best of friends who never had any problems. I loved how candid everyone was, even when talking about their insecurities and faults.
Ya. It was pretty great.

As I watched I was thinking about how the final tour was so unique. Something that will never happen again by any band imo

Watching them knowing it is the end. There is zero chance of seeing them again. And everybody knows, the fans, the band, everyone.

Sure you can see a band play the final tour but you don't know that at the time or they are 80 years old and you assume it is.

The emotional impact of seeing that last show was so powerful.

As for the doc. I never really grew up with the Hip. They were more my brothers era. But I obviously know the songs but not so much the order they came in. Had no idea New Orleans is Sinking was from the beginning. So that part was extremely cool.

Ya. It was pretty great.

As I watched I was thinking about how the final tour was so unique. Something that will never happen again by any band imo

Watching them knowing it is the end. There is zero chance of seeing them again. And everybody knows, the fans, the band, everyone.

Sure you can see a band play the final tour but you don't know that at the time or they are 80 years old and you assume it is.

The emotional impact of seeing that last show was so powerful.

As for the doc. I never really grew up with the Hip. They were more my brothers era. But I obviously know the songs but not so much the order they came in. Had no idea New Orleans is Sinking was from the beginning. So that part was extremely cool.
Funny, that should be obvious, but I really never even thought of that. I must have kind of assumed that everyone who knows The Hip's music just knows the order they came out.

Like I LOVE The Beatles music, but I really couldn't tell you what order it came out in.

And yeah, there's likely never going to be another tour like that.

Funny, that should be obvious, but I really never even thought of that. I must have kind of assumed that everyone who knows The Hip's music just knows the order they came out.

Like I LOVE The Beatles music, but I really couldn't tell you what order it came out in.

And yeah, there's likely never going to be another tour like that.

The Beatles is easy unless you consider the albums did not come out in the order they were made.

And they only released records for 7 years

was also going to say that knowing the full history of the band, especially the Beatles, is important to fully appreciate their brilliance. There's no excuse nowadays with streaming not to go back and listen to the albums in order, to understand the band's history and get to know any songs that haven't yet crossed your radar. Start with Please Please Me (recorded in one incredible day!) and enjoy the journey!

Amazing to know that John Lennon had a cold that day, which you can hear in his voice if you really listen to it, then realize that they kept Twist and Shout until the end of the day because they knew it would blow out his voice, and they only recorded 2 vocal takes, the 1st one being the brilliant vocal performance everyone knows today. I'm not sure he even got through the second one.

The Menendes show on Netflix is really exploitive, yet fun.

Was watching a ABC doc about this trial the other day, and saw their testimony on the stand discussing their abuse, and their cousin corroborating that he’d been told about it years ago when they were kids.

(a) I don’t know how you couldn’t believe them.
(b) doesn’t excuse also killing the mother, but
(c) the Netflix show looks absolutely disgusting leaning so heavily into the idea they were spoiled brat party boys who did it all for the money.

I don’t even care if someone believes their sentences were 100% justified, I think there’s a perfectly fair argument for that……but to be so exploitative of the two kids who were so horrifically abused by their own father, is fucking revolting.

Was watching a ABC doc about this trial the other day, and saw their testimony on the stand discussing their abuse, and their cousin corroborating that he’d been told about it years ago when they were kids.

(a) I don’t know how you couldn’t believe them.
(b) doesn’t excuse also killing the mother, but
(c) the Netflix show looks absolutely disgusting leaning so heavily into the idea they were spoiled brat party boys who did it all for the money.

I don’t even care if someone believes their sentences were 100% justified, I think there’s a perfectly fair argument for that……but to be so exploitative of the two kids who were so horrifically abused by their own father, is fucking revolting.
They make Lyle look like the world's biggest A-Hole. It's "Entertaining', but it's also strange to watch. Having the brothers kiss was stupid.

They did get screwed in that 2nd trial because once you don't allow any talk about abuse you are 100% guaranteeing a conviction. And there was lots of evidence despite the judge claiming there wasn't.

That said, it doesn't excuse anything, but from a legal point of view they should have been allowed to bring it up in court.

They did get screwed in that 2nd trial because once you don't allow any talk about abuse you are 100% guaranteeing a conviction. And there was lots of evidence despite the judge claiming there wasn't.

That said, it doesn't excuse anything, but from a legal point of view they should have been allowed to bring it up in court.

Yeah I was even thinking after I posted, how fucked it is that because there was a second trial, the impact of the raw emotion from their original testimony is lost, if a second trial requires them to take the stand again, or even worse as you say, the abuse isn’t even allowed.

Like there’s simply no way to capture the power & realness of them exposing to the world on the stand the degree to which they were abused, not to mention Lyle admitting to abusing Erik when they were younger, as a result of the trauma their father had inflicted on them. Then on top of that, the power seeing Erik’s reaction to Lyle sharing that….

The idea a second jury could decide their fate without being aware of that original testimony just doesn’t feel like justice is being served.

I can't wait for that Netflix Mr.Mcmahon docu-series. I love how Vince is already claiming Netflix purposely makes him look bad. The guy sh*t on the head of an employee.

I can't wait for that Netflix Mr.Mcmahon docu-series. I love how Vince is already claiming Netflix purposely makes him look bad. The guy sh*t on the head of an employee.
I wasnt going to watch it cause i assumed since Vince approved it would be the pro vince spin with marks like fucking Hulk Hogan spinning all sorts of bullshit, but if Vince hates it, ill probably give it a shot.

The McMahon dock is meh at best but considering they had wrapped all interviews prior to the bulk of the scandal and only journalists were willing to come back for follow ups im not sure what more could have been really done. Even when McMahon is clearly lying and trying to look likeable he comes off as insane

Back