• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Because Science Thread (Now With Aliens!)

Nope.

It does kind of make us look like hurtbags to rely on America to defend our airspace.

I mean, maybe. But it shouldn't. We don't maintain fighter aircraft in Ontario. We only maintain fighters in Alberta (Cold Lake) and Quebec. The US has a fighter base less than half the distance to Tobermory than our closest fighter base, and norad is a shared command. Set up to work exactly like this.

Make that 2 fighter bases half the distance to Tobermory. I figured they launched from the one in Ohio....nope.

As if the Trump presidency, the resurgence of fascism, a global pandemic and a new war in Europe wasn’t already wacky enough…the writers are really going off the rails with this whole “alien invasion” plotline.

As if the Trump presidency, the resurgence of fascism, a global pandemic and a new war in Europe wasn’t already wacky enough…the writers are really going off the rails with this whole “alien invasion” plotline.

Starting to feel like the end times a little bit

Every movie with aliens invading earth started with us trying to blow shit up. Does NORAD watch tv at all?

Can they be worse than human politicians?

Kang vs Kodos 2024 instead of Biden vs Trump.

I'm struggling to see the downside

Can they be worse than human politicians?

Kang vs Kodos 2024 instead of Biden vs Trump.

I'm struggling to see the downside

They probably would be better than our human politicians.

The only downside would be when their super space herpes wipes out 90% of our population, like when Native Americans first encountered disease-riddled Europeans.

Chances are they're Artificial Intelligence created millions of years ago by some other stupid flesh bag civilization that got wiped out by technology they took too far. Now the alien A.I. has noticed we're developing our own and doesn't want the competition.

We had a good run.

Chances are they're Artificial Intelligence created millions of years ago by some other stupid flesh bag civilization that got wiped out by technology they took too far. Now the alien A.I. has noticed we're developing our own and doesn't want the competition.

We had a good run.

Yeah, that tracks.

ChatGPT comes online, then within a month or two we’re all of a sudden shooting down UFO’s left right & center.

They probably would be better than our human politicians.

The only downside would be when their super space herpes wipes out 90% of our population, like when Native Americans first encountered disease-riddled Europeans.

Space herpes....so you're telling me that they're here to fuck?

Back