• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

How Danny Green walks around with 100 pounds of testicles though is entirely beyond me. It's gotta throw your balance off.

oh, and how silly does LAL look for letting Russell go for **** all and then banking on Lonzo as their PG of the future? Russell with Lebron and some of their other stuff would be nasty business.

Helluva game. I've long been a fan of Marc Gasol, LOVE that trade. This gon' be good.

Nurse will get Gasol in with that top unit shortly. They were missing a 2nd play maker. Pascal can pass okay, but he's not really a floor general type. Gasol absolutely is.

oh, and how silly does LAL look for letting Russell go for **** all and then banking on Lonzo as their PG of the future? Russell with Lebron and some of their other stuff would be nasty business.

pretty sure Kobe had something to do with that during his farewell days, no?

pretty sure Kobe had something to do with that during his farewell days, no?

Nah, it was a Magic Johnson thing when he took over the team. They didn't like the immaturity and leadership skills of a 19-20 yr old. Yet another example of how judging the work ethic and attitude of a kid is a path paved with stupid moves like this. Russell has developed into the legit leader of a team making a real run at a playoff spot, as a 22 yr old. He's the type of impact talent that the Lakers are screaming for next to Lebron right now.

If Russell makes the playoffs this year and Lebron doesn't, that's kind of ****ing delicious.

Nah, it was a Magic Johnson thing when he took over the team. They didn't like the immaturity and leadership skills of a 19-20 yr old. Yet another example of how judging the work ethic and attitude of a kid is a path paved with stupid moves like this. Russell has developed into the legit leader of a team making a real run at a playoff spot, as a 22 yr old. He's the type of impact talent that the Lakers are screaming for next to Lebron right now.

If Russell makes the playoffs this year and Lebron doesn't, that's kind of ****ing delicious.

Yeah, aside bringing in Lebron, how has Magic being anything less than a cluster****.

I have to imagine everyone outside of LAL is going for SAC to get that playoff spot.

Yeah, aside bringing in Lebron, how has Magic being anything less than a cluster****.

I have to imagine everyone outside of LAL is going for SAC to get that playoff spot.

-Yeah, the Russell trade has turned into a flop (it cleared cap space that was supposed to go to PG).

-Ball over Tatum (though I'm not that high on either of them) looks to have been a mistake as well.

-With that said, Kuzma in the last 1st was an excellent pick. Now, I think he's over rated in classic Lakers fashion, but getting someone who can score like him in the high 20's is a good pick.

-Hart was also a pretty good pick at the end of the round. At the minimum, the Lakers walked away with a fair bit of trade filler here.

-KCP for 18 million was pretty ****ing questionable as well. Re-upping him for 12 this year was a bit better.

-Nance & Clarkson to Cleveland for IT & Frye. Well, it did clear cap space for Lebron to come to LAL, but I have a hard time believing that they couldn't have gotten actual pieces/assets back instead. I mean, if we're just going to piss decent players out the door and call it a win because you cleared cap space, okay, but as a stand alone move it looks pretty ugly.

- The took the biggest, whitest scrub they could find in the 2018 draft. Wagner is pretty much unplayable as a 21 yr old. Shamet went with the next pick and is shooting the 3 and a 41% clip as a rookie. Was a 44% 3 point shooter in the NCAA before his draft so this is not really surprising. He's a 3/NoD guy at this point, but a 6'5 combo guard who has a nasty stroke will probably end up pretty valuable down the road as he improves as a defender.

Other than Lebron (obviously), easily Magic's best moves have been LeGM's veteran entourage coming with him. Rondo, Lance, Tyson, & McGee have been varying levels of okay and would be perfectly functional as good role players/bench players if Lonzo and Ingram didn't suck cock.

Yeah, LeGM is going to have to work overtime this off season to not end his golden years with a bunch of playoff misses. They could literally tear the whole ****ing thing down, get rid of all the kids, and all the veteran buddies and probably not be worse than they have been this year. They should definitely be looking into the market to see what they can get for Ingram and Ball. Lonzo is meh off the ball (and the ball belongs to Lebron) and Ingram is looking awful busty.

Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA
·
5m
Now that the Raptors are up to 12 players on standard contract, with the Boucher & Miller signings, and will add a 13th player with Lin, they are expect to forgo signing anyone to a 10 Day contract for the time being. They no longer need the bodies and will bank the tax savings.

Deal was made to unload that albatross in Mozgov . Teams were absolute morons to hand out big money to clowns in the first wave of the massive cap escalation .

watching Gasol last night really removes all the sting of losing JV. I honestly cannot think of another Raptor that is comparable to him, ever. and this is only his second game. the ball moved so wonderfully when he was out there. and of course he can almost always either create his own shot or make the right pass out of a double. let's just hope he has enough left in the tank. a few weeks of reduced minutes will probably do him wonders.

really excited to see what the top unit looks like once he kicks out Serge. and hopefully Serge can keep producing on the bench.

I also don't know what the numbers said about McCaw last night, but boy did he kick the shit out of the eye test. will be interesting to see how playing time is split between him and Lin. nice to see him knock down a three too, but am I correct in assuming his shooting is currently a weakness? that reach and athleticism though...

still smiling this morning about Gasol's impact. I love JV like a brother and Serge has been a fantastic bounceback player this year but damn Gasol is so, so much better.

This is a team that can take out Golden State.

And McCaw looking like a multi dimensional offensive player who can also defend and play all the wing positions might be a huge development on the bench, too.

Back