• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Going to see Jenny soon, ME. Convince me this shit isn't voodoo placebo science. Are there any facts that back up its effectiveness?

There's not a ton of peer reviewed work done on it yet (though there is some) and the results from those papers are basically that reported results are crazy good (90% reporting significant decreases in pain, etc) but that placebo effect can't be ruled out yet because reasons.

The theory behind it sounds solid. Every movement we make has an ideal kinetic chain of muscles working in sequence to perform properly. We suck at utilizing our bodies properly and over time certain muscles in those movement chains become over worked, when this happens the body works around those tired muscles and basically shuts them off. Then less than ideal kinetic chains have now taken over for the ideal ones, muscles are doing work they're not designed for and they turn shitty over time. Rinse and repeat until it all becomes problematic. MAT identifies the muscles that aren't working the way they're supposed to and utilizes small focused exercises to turn them on, and strengthen them over time so they stay on.

I don't care if it's woo, I haven't felt this good in about a decade. My back used to go out reliably every 4-5 months, sometimes less. Then it started going out basically any time I even considered looking at weight on a bar that I wanted to deadlift. Did regular physio at a high end place and it was great at alleviating my symptoms but all it was doing was hitting the reset button. Luckily my physio was taking this MAT course and he convinced me to give that modality a shot.

still smiling this morning about Gasol's impact. I love JV like a brother and Serge has been a fantastic bounceback player this year but damn Gasol is so, so much better.

This is a team that can take out Golden State.

And McCaw looking like a multi dimensional offensive player who can also defend and play all the wing positions might be a huge development on the bench, too.

we just need Gasol to stay healthy and in top form. that's really my biggest concern.

yeah he's actually been healthier than I would have thought. he's played 70+ games in 6 of his 10 seasons. 80+ games in 3 of 10.

he has missed 20+ games each of the last two seasons though.

There's not a ton of peer reviewed work done on it yet (though there is some) and the results from those papers are basically that reported results are crazy good (90% reporting significant decreases in pain, etc) but that placebo effect can't be ruled out yet because reasons.

The theory behind it sounds solid. Every movement we make has an ideal kinetic chain of muscles working in sequence to perform properly. We suck at utilizing our bodies properly and over time certain muscles in those movement chains become over worked, when this happens the body works around those tired muscles and basically shuts them off. Then less than ideal kinetic chains have now taken over for the ideal ones, muscles are doing work they're not designed for and they turn shitty over time. Rinse and repeat until it all becomes problematic. MAT identifies the muscles that aren't working the way they're supposed to and utilizes small focused exercises to turn them on, and strengthen them over time so they stay on.

I don't care if it's woo, I haven't felt this good in about a decade. My back used to go out reliably every 4-5 months, sometimes less. Then it started going out basically any time I even considered looking at weight on a bar that I wanted to deadlift. Did regular physio at a high end place and it was great at alleviating my symptoms but all it was doing was hitting the reset button. Luckily my physio was taking this MAT course and he convinced me to give that modality a shot.

The concept very much makes sense. The methods of how they accomplish activating certain muscles is where it feels voodoo to me. But I truly believe in what it claims to accomplish so **** yeah I'm going for it. Like you, everything else I've ever tried is temporary fixes and I'm not really interested in that anymore. $120 two or three times a year is obviously worth it if it works as well as you say it does.

I'll let you know what I think.

One thing's for sure though.. if it works on me, this shit is a miracle maker. I'm seriously ****ed beyond belief. Way out of balance. Poor Jenny doesn't know what she's in for.

He's clearly near the end, but sure **** it. Great defensive rebounder, still an above average defender, isn't great offensively but still passes way above average for a big. As long as he's cool with the role of ring chasing veteran, sure.

Back