• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Raptors list of upcoming workouts

1717023805458.png

Ware is probably my pick at 19 fwiw. Not as limited as Missi and came away from combines with a better looking physical tools profile imo. Also liking the idea of Jaylon at the 31 over Dillon Jones. Hawkins or Beekman as undrafted free agents wouldn't suck either.

Should be a great series

Both Batman/Robin combos should even out

The supporting cast and defense determines the series

Eh, I actually don't think that's true at all. Tatum is one of the more over rated Batmen in the league imo. Luke + Kyrie >> Tatum + Brown.

Where I'm concerned is that Kristaps + White + Jrue + Horford is super elite veteran rotation depth. If Dallas is without Lively it takes a solid chunk out of that rim runner duo that's been so good for them since the deadline. My big concern is that if it turns into a series decided by depth (basically, by Tatum playing the series of his life and matching Luka's impact), Boston wins in 5.

In 7 game series it's really, really hard to put the team with an elite player on it. It took Ant playing the best basketball of his life to put Denver out. Giannis and Embiid had to be hurt. Luka had to put SGA out.

The only true elite player left is Luka and he's been swinging his nuts around in the 4th quarter all playoffs. This looks like his moment tbh. Dallas has enough D to keep even bad games close and these high level play off games are won in the last 3-4 minutes of the 4th.

I’m worried that Boston will beat them. Hopefully Luka say no. And maybe Kyrie goes off too

After the deadline Dallas had the best defence in the NBA and played at 61 win pace. They're elite now. The Gafford add was sneaky immense for them. imo the series is going to come down to whether Boston is able to figure out what to do with Luka once he gets downhill off of a screen. Drop cover is a high percentage float, challenge is either a cross court open 3 or if the weak side guy stays on that wing, an open lob to Gafford/Lively. Luke has been giving me big 2023 Jokic vibes on just how fucking inevitable it feels whenever he wants to make a play within this set they run for him. It's like dealing with half court Lebron, but if Lebron was actually looking to put 40+ up on you.

Back