• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

I don't think its a matter of hope tbh. I think we're in the Luka Era now and we just don't know it yet. Theyve finally put a roster around him and they're cooking. Minnesota is a top 4 team imo and Luka just curb stomped them.

The game has 100% changed for the better, but I don't want to hear anyone telling me how unguardable todays players would have been in that era. Most of the top players in today's league would have spent 40+ games having their load managed.

Mike missed more than 4 games to injury in a season twice in his career. Broken leg in his 2nd season, and torn knee cartiledge in his 2nd last season while playing in the "drag the player off the court because he might be concussed" era.

View: https://x.com/LegionHoops/status/1798366076142752092?t=1PXjaWy-oBKfhcal7gKkgg&s=19

Jeeeebus

Two things...

First..cap is going up boy, wow. The current TNT deal was at 1.2 billion per year. Sign everyone now for as long as you can. No such thing as a bad contract.

Second, lol Gary is a flopjob as a president. Canadian deal twice the size of the American TV deal, and 5% the size of the NBA deal. Lol

So given this, you think we should chase Pascal and OG now?

Can't win with them, don't want them. Pascal is still the same crunch time flop as he was before, OG can't be trusted to stay healthy. Needed to hit the reset button on that core.

I was referring to Scottie, IQ, etc.

I keep seeing suggestions of Michael Porter Jr and Brandon Ingram as trade targets if we are looking for a big add.

Any of that make sense?

Lots of chat about Wiggins being available for cheap/along with other assets. He just had a really shit year but was a pretty big piece when they won.

Who else is out there that is somewhat realistic? Pat Williams? Trey Murphy? These guys probably cost real assets. Especially Murphy.

I keep seeing suggestions of Michael Porter Jr and Brandon Ingram as trade targets if we are looking for a big add.

Any of that make sense?

Really depends on the ask. We have 3 assets anyone wants as a centrepiece in a deal for a player like that and though MPJ is the pinnacle of floor spacing technology and I've got all sorts of time for him, I don't trade RJ or IQ plus other stuff for him, which is the type of value Denver is going to want. BI is basically last season's Pascal. More or less the same player, with the same problem. Entering the last year of his deal, going to get paid but nobody who wants to win should be paying him. Pass.

yeah agreed with that Ingram-Siakam comparison.

and sure you always would trade anyone for an upgrade, but ideally we'd be able to use that capsapce (that we just couldn't give to Siakam or OG) on a good player without having to give up any significant assets for. That's what I thought "need to save that capspace" was for.

Really depends on the ask. We have 3 assets anyone wants as a centrepiece in a deal for a player like that and though MPJ is the pinnacle of floor spacing technology and I've got all sorts of time for him, I don't trade RJ or IQ plus other stuff for him, which is the type of value Denver is going to want. BI is basically last season's Pascal. More or less the same player, with the same problem. Entering the last year of his deal, going to get paid but nobody who wants to win should be paying him. Pass.
If i recall, the return suggested for Porter was Puddle and several firsts.

Back