• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

We're drafting on wingspan and drip in the new Raptors era.

1331363574.jpg

dick-gradey-draft-pick-red-sequined-suit-062323-1-667e8e6ff46f45ad8f4aea415683358e.jpg

and now this

d1be5ded-5dd2-43a9-87fc-a1e7d5772011.jpg;w=960

Just a quick look at BPM as well among NCAA freshmen taken in the 1st round

3 - Sheppard 11.4
4 - Castle 6.5
8 - Dillingham 6.2
10 - Williams 3.9
14 - Carrington 3.9
16 - McCain 8.5
19 - Ja'Kobe 5.8
21 - Missi 7.4
24 - George 3.6
29 - Collier 4.2

So if you were taking a swing at a young player with upside to add to your program, the only players who were significantly more impactful in the NCAA this season as freshmen than Ja'Kobe were the two limited PG's at playing at programs who seal club 80% of their schedule and a physically mature tank of a centre with limited feel for the game and athletic fluidity.

Looking at that though I take Bobby at his word that they're surprised Ja'Kobe dropped to 19 and they had him at BPA there probably by a fair bit.

I like the pick, long, athletic shooter that can defend. Sounds soooo Raptors. I would still like to see them add some size in the front court, but I guess the value didn't line up. Maybe a shooting 4 in Filipowski (sounds like a Kelly Olynyk replacement) might be the pick at 31. Or do they trade out of it as some players did fall.

The exact type of deal I was afraid of this entire time. Good for OG and if the Knicks can keep him healthy at the right times, it will pay off for them. He's not afraid to take and make big shots, and is obviously a game changer on the defensive end. Kind of want to VillanOGa Knicks to win next year now.
Good luck , at least the medical staff will be busy

Back