• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

That sounds a like a warm body vs one that in any way actually contributes.

I would have given my left nut for a solid backup point guard who could defend the ball and shoot during the FredScal attempt. Remember when we were running Malachi out there behind Fred? We just traded for one, and I could see Bronny becoming that level of player no problem. Legitimate rotation body on okay teams. That's more than just a warm body.

I would have given my left nut for a solid backup point guard who could defend the ball and shoot during the FredScal attempt. Remember when we were running Malachi out there behind Fred? We just traded for one, and I could see Bronny becoming that level of player no problem. Legitimate rotation body on okay teams. That's more than just a warm body.
Is this based on stats or narrative? Even his sense for the game of basketball. He floats out there and gets beaten on D.*

Even is McDonald selection is said to be result of his dad making a few calls.

*Important note: other than this game I had never watched him play or read his stats.

We're blessed to have a cap savvy writer like blake. This is the only raps payroll primer you need:

Near the end of this thorough breakdown:

Screenshot_20240716_215126.jpg

Guaranteed (15):

C Poeltl ----- Olynyk ----- Boucher
F Barnes --- Vezenkov - Mogbo
F Barrett ---- Agbaji ----- Temple
G Brown ----- Dick -------- Walter
G Quickley - Mitchell --- Shead

Non-Guaranteed (1):

G Freeman-Liberty

2-ways (3):

C Carlson
C Chomche
G Carton

Exhibit 10 (2):

F Battle
F Guerrier

GFY Trent , you and Schroeder can sit together and hold hands and talk about your lost earnings

I think you're going to see a lot less betting on themselves from non all star level players in the future. Sliding a 4-5 year guaranteed bag in the 12-20 million dollar range is going to be hard for all but super elite role players to turn down.

I think you're going to see a lot less betting on themselves from non all star level players in the future. Sliding a 4-5 year guaranteed bag in the 12-20 million dollar range is going to be hard for all but super elite role players to turn down.
Yup the Apron rules are going to squeeze those previous automatic 12-20 mil players

Yup the Apron rules are going to squeeze those previous automatic 12-20 mil players

Full MLE is going to be something okay player like Gary are chasing as a best case scenario. The new system giving benefits for 1) staying under the tax when you're not trying to compete & 2) Being able to use your MLE as salary cap space in trades changes the game for mid spending teams that there was no incentive for them to not go right up to the tax threshold previously.

There's certain role player archetypes that are going to remain very valuable imo and are starting to show themselves as more valuable than others (for example, the "switchable 3&D wing" of any real playable quality is now officially more valuable than anything but the very best secondary guard scorers like Gary). The league used to be oriented around scoring two way 2's, but that's shifted heavily to scoring 1's and switchable 3's who can spot up and shoot.

Back