• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

We would have to punt 2 contracts I think...it's 15 + 3 2-way deals and we're at 16+3 right now. Could always punt a 2 way and sign Koloko to one though.

I like Ja'Kobe's first step and quickness, but the handle needs a lot of work. I'll be surprised if we see much of him this year.

Watched the Laker game today.

Bronny James is a nothing basketball player. On offence he watches the play literally all the time. No movement, just watching. His contribution would be the same had it he been on the sidelines.

On defence he has some good moments but generally gets beaten on runs, over the top etc. Overall, nothing impressive or depressive about his defensive game. Again just a nothing player.

His dad's narcissism has put the spotlight on this young man. I feel bad for him.

Watched the Laker game today.

Bronny James is a nothing basketball player. On offence he watches the play literally all the time. No movement, just watching. His contribution would be the same had it he been on the sidelines.

Yeah, he's nowhere near ready offensively. If he was anyone else he obviously stays in college for a few more years.

On defence he has some good moments but generally gets beaten on runs, over the top etc. Overall, nothing impressive or depressive about his defensive game. Again just a nothing player.

JJ has him focusing on ball pressure and doesn't care about anything else. He was doing an interview a few days back where he laid out the development plan for Bronny and it's basically to develop him into Lou Dort (JJ's comparison, not mine). So he's told Bronny to get comfortable with ball pressure and being 3 ft in front of his check at all times. If he gets beat, JJ doesn't care, if he fucks up a read, JJ doesn't care.

He's 19 with NBA quick twitch athleticism and a good feel for the game even if the decision making isn't there. If he puts the work in, I think the Lakers turn him into a 3&D backup PG level player. There are worse places to start than with his athleticism and genetics in the hands of the Lakers development staff. A lot of people are overlooking that he was a top recruit in his highschool class (19th in the country) and then had a set back with the heart issue. There's NBA upside there, it just needs a lot of development.

Yeah, he's nowhere near ready offensively. If he was anyone else he obviously stays in college for a few more years.

JJ has him focusing on ball pressure and doesn't care about anything else. He was doing an interview a few days back where he laid out the development plan for Bronny and it's basically to develop him into Lou Dort (JJ's comparison, not mine). So he's told Bronny to get comfortable with ball pressure and being 3 ft in front of his check at all times. If he gets beat, JJ doesn't care, if he fucks up a read, JJ doesn't care.

He's 19 with NBA quick twitch athleticism and a good feel for the game even if the decision making isn't there. If he puts the work in, I think the Lakers turn him into a 3&D backup PG level player. There are worse places to start than with his athleticism and genetics in the hands of the Lakers development staff. A lot of people are overlooking that he was a top recruit in his highschool class (19th in the country) and then had a set back with the heart issue. There's NBA upside there, it just needs a lot of development.
That sounds a like a warm body vs one that in any way actually contributes. It'd mean that his faith depends on LeBron being in the NBA and/or JJ being there. Once they are gone, he'll be in Europe.

I was very surprised watching him yesterday. Staying out there looking for hand outs vs actually playing. Would have thought growing up with a GOAT caliber player, he'd have more sense for the game.

Back