• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

It was a bad trade for sure. Though Moreno is not a good hitter, barely above league average (103 wRC+ last year, 104 this year with .123 / .118 ISOs).

I don't know what happened to Kirk. Even if there wasn't a lot of power there, it seemed certain he'd be a great hitter with the bat-to-ball skills he displayed early on.

It was a bad trade for sure. Though Moreno is not a good hitter, barely above league average (103 wRC+ last year, 104 this year with .123 / .118 ISOs).

I don't know what happened to Kirk. Even if there wasn't a lot of power there, it seemed certain he'd be a great hitter with the bat-to-ball skills he displayed early on.
Catcher offence evolves a bit differently. Probably in part because there is so much effort and focus on the defensive side. It wouldn’t be a surprise to see Moreno take a step offensively sometime in the next few years.

But even if he doesn’t, he’s been an above league average hitter from the day he came into the league and is also an elite defender behind the plate. Kirk plays great D as well, but has been giving almost all of it back at the plate.

Jays should consider picking him up. They have nothing behind Kirk.
Is he that much better than Brian Serven?

Just taking a quick look at the #'s, McGuire is probably a lot better defensively. Can't hit at all though. Serven with a 10 wRC+ in the majors this year, but 109 in AAA.

Is he that much better than Brian Serven?

Just taking a quick look at the #'s, McGuire is probably a lot better defensively. Can't hit at all though. Serven with a 10 wRC+ in the majors this year, but 109 in AAA.
For the rest of the year, it really doesn't matter. See what Serven is and how bad you need to address C in the offseason.

We know what Reese is, and no thank you

Yeah, I don’t really care about getting McGuire specifically, and don’t think they ever will considering how it went last time: Just if they did, he’d be the second best C in the organization. He’s solid defensively and seems to occasionally have wildly hot stretches with the bat. That all adds up to slightly above replacement level, which would sadly be a standout skills package in the Jays organization.

Last edited:
Back