• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

This Pearson trade is probably meh, but i would have preferred canning every coach and organizational philosophy on pitching be thrown in the garbage can before making this move, but, whatever.

These people cant seriously think they can compete ( granted, what does compete mean to them)

They will need

An entire bullpen
A C ( remember when we had too many)
DH
LF ( no its not Clase)
3B ( IKF is a bench bat on a team competing)
2B ( Horowitz/Schneider can probably be this)
SP ( Kikuchi gone, Berrios bad, Gausman regressing, anything else interesting dead ( thanks sports science))

Bichette and Vlad are a year out from FA, and unless you extend the latter no FA who values winning and has other options is signing a long term deal here, so from a FA perspective you're probably looking at a short term vet with low risk ( these guys bread and margarine)

They wont/cant trade for anyone that makes an impact, so really, you're looking at a Wild Card ceiling if everything goes right.

Fuck that noise, if these guys keep Green and IKF when their value couldnt be higher they should be fired, also, they should just be fired.

This Pearson trade is probably meh, but i would have preferred canning every coach and organizational philosophy on pitching be thrown in the garbage can before making this move, but, whatever.

These people cant seriously think they can compete ( granted, what does compete mean to them)

They will need

An entire bullpen
A C ( remember when we had too many)
DH
LF ( no its not Clase)
3B ( IKF is a bench bat on a team competing)
2B ( Horowitz/Schneider can probably be this)
SP ( Kikuchi gone, Berrios bad, Gausman regressing, anything else interesting dead ( thanks sports science))

Bichette and Vlad are a year out from FA, and unless you extend the latter no FA who values winning and has other options is signing a long term deal here, so from a FA perspective you're probably looking at a short term vet with low risk ( these guys bread and margarine)

They wont/cant trade for anyone that makes an impact, so really, you're looking at a Wild Card ceiling if everything goes right.

Fuck that noise, if these guys keep Green and IKF when their value couldnt be higher they should be fired, also, they should just be fired.
Pearson is junk

Pearson is broken. With Tiedeman out now it’s Definitely a cautionary tale of moving these prospects at the height of their value. Too bad our drafting and development has been so bad that we don’t have guys to trade AND to keep and develop.

Kind of a tough spot to be in moving your top prospect pitchers when you have zero behind them coming up.

Top to bottom this is a mess. Hopefully get to the end of the season and everyone gets fired.

Pearson is broken. With Tiedeman out now it’s Definitely a cautionary tale of moving these prospects at the height of their value. Too bad our drafting and development has been so bad that we don’t have guys to trade AND to keep and develop.

Kind of a tough spot to be in moving your top prospect pitchers when you have zero behind them coming up.

Top to bottom this is a mess. Hopefully get to the end of the season and everyone gets fired.
Thats baseball , many prospects never hit their ceiling

Nate had enough chances to prove himself

Both guys we got for pearson are worth keeping an eye on. Surprised he was worth anything. Don't really get why he's worth something and Biggio is worthless tbh.

Passan saying it’s done.

Keep it coming. I don’t trust Shatkins making any moves but no sense in losing these guys for nothing at the end of a lost season.

Definitely wouldn’t trust them to make any moves on Guerrero or Bo. Would love to see a new Pres/GM come in and resign both and say we’re not losing our top guys. Everyone else can go.

Cutter Coffey is a very good start for Danny.

And that's without even considering the awesomeness of his name.

Coffey is not only young for his level in baseball age (20), but he's a super young "20" - 1 month away from this being his age 19 year.

Too bad about Jano. I remember when he was a prospect coming up with high hopes. Injuries piled up and he just couldn’t put it all together. I wouldn’t give him a long term deal so hopefully the return is good.

Tbh much better deadline than i expected. Haven't followed other teams tho - are we just riding the tails of a seller's market?

Especially happy that they went for performance over rankings.

Back