• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Tbh much better deadline than i expected. Haven't followed other teams tho - are we just riding the tails of a seller's market?

Especially happy that they went for performance over rankings.
I think there are a few more teams still "in it", especially in the National League. I don't know if it's much different than usual, but perhaps a little bit more of a sellers market.

They have done well so far, but holding Green and to a lesser extent IKF and Bassitt would be a failure, you can get peak value for them and use that 37M coming off the books and still pretend to compete.

They have done well so far, but holding Green and to a lesser extent IKF and Bassitt would be a failure, you can get peak value for them and use that 37M coming off the books and still pretend to compete.
Green feels like a good option to be dealt. Ikf I agree would be nice to cash in on, still seems 50/50 whether they keep him for next year to still be competitive

Agree. Should add Gausman to that too. He’s older now, starting to slip a bit.

Move everyone besides Bo and Vlad. Fire everyone.

Agree. Should add Gausman to that too. He’s older now, starting to slip a bit.

Move everyone besides Bo and Vlad. Fire everyone.
Gausman is coming off a down year, and it would be very hard to replace him in FA.

Green IKF and Bassitt you can if you pretend on contending, Bassitt and IKF im not near as must deal, but Green, based on the RP market HAS to go, otherwise these guys are truly clowns

No team trades everybody. Not opposed to trading anybody, but it would have to be a great return for guys under contract for next year.

Reasonable trades here. Agree that they should move more players. Sad that it has come to this and that the same guys who bungled jt last time are still making decisions.

For next year, it looks like Leo Jiminez can do what IKF is supposed to do, so I would dump IKF if possible, use Jimenez as backup SS/utility IF, and spend Turner + IKF money on a more useful player. Or, if they’re not going to compete next year, then there’s no need for IKF anyway.

Yep. Kirk is not much above replacement level this year either.

One of the main reasons that the Moreno deal was so bad. Finding a defence first OF with a weak bat on the free agent market is easy, and cheap. Finding a premium defensive C with an above league average bat… next to impossible.

Wasn’t Kirk supposed to be an awesome hitter? What happened? Too fat to sustain good play on both sides of the ball?

Back