• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: What are you Watching/Listening/Drinking?

Stumbled upon this last night. I'm a big fan of covers, especially when someone takes a song in a whole new direction.

These guys, who I've never heard of before, do that in spades.

Fantastic!! Thanks for posting. If you love great covers, check out The Big Push. They have countless awesome renditions.

This is one of my favorites.

The Beatles - Now And Then - The Last Beatles Song (Short Film)

(song release tomorrow Nov. 2)

Last edited:

The Beatles - Now And Then - The Last Beatles Song (Short Film)

(song release tomorrow Nov. 2)

I only watched it once yesterday, but am I crazy or did Paul say he re-recorded guitar tracks that honoured what George had played in 95’ for this song?

So does that mean there isnt actually any George guitar on the track now?

It's okay I guess, I liked some of it. Certainly not on par with their best stuff, I wouldn't buy the record based on that song.

It barely passes the hammer test, after repeated playings it may not.

I only watched it once yesterday, but am I crazy or did Paul say he re-recorded guitar tracks that honoured what George had played in 95’ for this song?

So does that mean there isnt actually any George guitar on the track now?

George recorded the guitar track in '95, but Paul specifically recorded a new slide guitar solo (2:40) as a tribute to George. Both are in the mix.

Also worth listening to on the Now and Then release is the B-side remixed Love Me Do, I believe they used the same isolation technology to produce a true stereo mix.

Last edited:
George recorded the guitar track in '95, but Paul specifically recorded a new slide guitar solo (2:40) as a tribute to George. Both are in the mix.

Ahhhhh thank you for that. Was annoying the shit out of me.

Also worth listening to on the Now and Then release is the B-side remixed Love Me Do, I believe they used the same isolation technology to produce a true stereo mix.

👌🏼

Ahhhhh thank you for that. Was annoying the shit out of me.

I know that I had the same reaction when I listened to it before watching the short docu. I didn't even know it was trialed and scrapped in '95 tbh, and I watched the Anthology docu.

I know that I had the same reaction when I listened to it before watching the short docu. I didn't even know it was trialed and scrapped in '95 tbh, and I watched the Anthology docu.
It's been out there for a while, there were 3 Anthology double albums back in the 90s and the idea was to do 1 song per album (Free As a Bird, Real Love, Now and Then). I think Paul said years ago that George didn't like the song too much and called it rubbish, and they ended up scrapping it (the poor quality of the recording didn't help).

George brought in his buddy Jeff Lynne to produce the songs , partly because he's good at this sort of thing and partly to rein in Paul a bit. But they got along fine and Paul once said he would love to get Jeff and finish off the song someday. Peter Jackson's AI tech provided the perfect excuse.

the music video makes the song.

I wish Paul had taken a bit more creative license with it - this is a pretty run of the mill minor key post Beatles Lennon song - but I guess he wanted to be true to John and George.

The final words Lennon said to McCartney on the phone were "Think about me every now and then, old friend."

And if anyone hasn't heard this, check out Paul's awesome tribute to John from 1982.

Back