• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: What are you Watching/Listening/Drinking?

the music video makes the song.

I wish Paul had taken a bit more creative license with it - this is a pretty run of the mill minor key post Beatles Lennon song - but I guess he wanted to be true to John and George.

I had heard the tune and watched the doc, but didn’t see the music video until last night after I had a weed drink, and it made the experience for sure.

Perfect combo of sentimental & shlock that uses todays tech in the fun not taking themselves too serious way they used to do when making their videos back in the day.

Last edited:
It's been out there for a while, there were 3 Anthology double albums back in the 90s and the idea was to do 1 song per album (Free As a Bird, Real Love, Now and Then). I think Paul said years ago that George didn't like the song too much and called it rubbish, and they ended up scrapping it (the poor quality of the recording didn't help).

George brought in his buddy Jeff Lynne to produce the songs , partly because he's good at this sort of thing and partly to rein in Paul a bit. But they got along fine and Paul once said he would love to get Jeff and finish off the song someday. Peter Jackson's AI tech provided the perfect excuse.

I think George wanted to scrap it in part because they couldn’t isolate John’s vocals well enough and it sounded like shit picking up everything else…..so once Jackson’s tech could get the voice on its own channel it enabled them to do what they couldn’t when George was alive.

(Or that’s the sales pitch now to cover for George not liking it, anyway)

I had heard the tune and listened to the song, but didn’t see the music video until last night after I had a weed drink, and it made the experience for sure.

Perfect combo of sentimental & shlock that uses todays tech in the fun not taking themselves too serious way they used to do when making their videos back in the day.

Yep, I heard the song before I saw the video. The video really enhances the song for me and that's unusual. I usually find videos, for the most part, detract from the song.

I had heard the tune and listened to the song, but didn’t see the music video until last night after I had a weed drink, and it made the experience for sure.

Exactly. They were rock stars before people knew what it meant and how to act to be a rockstar.

And yeah you know listening who it is. But the video keeps that top of mind.

Brings back memories -- I saw Smashing Pumpkins play Siamese Dream in '93 at Foufounes Electriques in Montreal. For $2.

I was spoiled musically. All these musical genres and scenes popping up every few months.

Apologies. My previous post is incorrect.

While I did see the Smashing Pumpkins play Siamese Dream live, the $2 bargain price point I mentioned was for them playing in support of Gish, their debut album.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Apologies. My previous post is incorrect.

While I did see the Smashing Pumpkins play Siamese Dream live, the $2 bargain price point I mentioned was for them playing in support of Gish, their debut album.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Fuck, you're never going to live this down. What a tragic turn of events.

Back