• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Patrik Laine

Doctor Laine.

So this may not be "good news" after all. He may need surgery but like a brain-dead anti-vaxxer, Laine "did his own research" and decided he only needed horse paste instead?
he got 2-3 opinions as to whether it was necessary or not, clearly at least one expert opined he did not need it ergo he's listening to the science.

Last edited:
If they thought the surrgery was really necessary, I think the team could "force" him to get it, I mean not physically in terms of strapping him down to a chair but they would hold it against him in ice time, contract negotations, etc. It looks like it's not an obvious decision and there's often unknowns that are the case with the human body, but they thought it was worth taking a risk to not miss the whole year.

If they thought the surrgery was really necessary, I think the team could "force" him to get it, I mean not physically in terms of strapping him down to a chair but they would hold it against him in ice time, contract negotations, etc. It looks like it's not an obvious decision and there's often unknowns that are the case with the human body, but they thought it was worth taking a risk to not miss the whole year.
The reverse eichel

Back