• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

PLAYOFF GDT: Series 1 / Game 1: @ Toronto, Thursday, May 20th 7:30EST

Thus sayeth the noble Lapin :

Sam’s and rum are fine to mix
Lapin is calling Habs in six !

Bartend, another Sam’s !
A bientot !

The series will boil down to: Is Montreal's goalie better than Toronto's? If he is, there's a good chance Montreal can possibly win.

If he isn't, or it's a wash, this series will be overly really quickly.
nah the Leafs were a dominant team at evens basically all year. won a TON of games where the opposition had a better tender than us (see: Andersen, Fred aka the muffin man).

think you need the combo of 2011 Carey Price and dominance on special teams.

giphy.gif
a bunch of you do get little to no hostility. whether or not you are in that bunch 🤷‍♀️

nah the Leafs were a dominant team at evens basically all year. won a TON of games where the opposition had a better tender than us (see: Andersen, Fred aka the muffin man).

think you need the combo of 2011 Carey Price and dominance on special teams.
Possibly. If Price is a .920 goalie & Campbell/Freddie are .915 goalies, Toronto's going to win the series pretty easily.

However, the bigger the gap gets, the better the Habs' chances. That's where the debate starts & ends.

If Price is only .920 I think you need to hope our keepers are below .900 to have any chance. but we shall see.

We likely have little chance but people said that in 1984, 1993, 1998, 2002, 2004, 2010, 2014 and 2020. Key is to hit Marner and Matthews all the time. For some reason we can control McElbow but have trouble with Pig Nose. Not sure why that is. All the pressure is on the Leafs, no series win in 17 years, big favourite, literally no one has us winning the series. We do need to stop giving up a goal to them on the first shot of the game as happened 3 or 4 times this year. If we can grind out a win in the first two, we could make it tough on the eventual Stanley Cup champions. At least I have TVA Sports so I won't have to watch 5-7 Leaf home games where the opponent is never mentioned.

Last edited:
We likely have little chance but people said that in 1984, 1993, 1998, 2002, 2004, 2014 and 2020. Key is to hit Marner and Matthews all the time. For some reason we can control McElbow but have trouble with Pig Nose. Not sure why that is. All the pressure is on the Leafs, no series win in 17 years, big favourite, literally no one has us winning the series. We do need to stop giving up a goal to them on the first shot of the game as happened 3 or 4 times this year. If we can grind out a win in the first two, we could make it tough on the eventual Stanley Cup champions. At least I have TVA Sports so I won't have to watch 5-7 Leaf home games where the opponent is never mentioned.

Back