• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Preseason Game 1 Rocking Matvelda Michkov RDS

Because he could do what Danault could do. I never thought Danault was special either. The world is lousy with guys like that. Pizzaghetti is just Evans by another name. A year from now probably neither one of them will still be here because we'll have Owen Beck.

No one needs to engage in protracted arguments over who our 4th line center is going to be or who it should be. This franchise has never had problems finding 4th liners.

Danault, Evans and Pezzetta are not the same. Danault is a middle six player, Selke nominee, scoring about 50 points a season. Evans is a fourth liner scoring about 30 points a season. And Pezzetta is an AHL/fringe player playing 3 games out of 4 scoring about 10-15 points.

If Beck can become Danault I'd be ecstatic but a more likely scenario is Evans-like.

Danault, Evans and Pezzetta are not the same. Danault is a middle six player, Selke nominee, scoring about 50 points a season. Evans is a fourth liner scoring about 30 points a season. And Pezzetta is an AHL/fringe player playing 3 games out of 4 scoring about 10-15 points.

If Beck can become Danault I'd be ecstatic but a more likely scenario is Evans-like.
Danault had one exemplary season. He doesn't move any more needles than Evans or Pezz do.

You've already lost all credibility in your player evaluation ability so I can see why you would think that.
There has never been a shortage of Habs fans who pine for average Joe's like Danault, Lehkonen and, going back a ways, Lars Eller. None of these players matter. None of these players ever mattered. The Habs need to focus on getting elite talent. Once they have that, the bottom six or third pair defensemen won't matter as much as they have. When you have no real talent, you obsess over things that don't matter, like whether Evans is more "valuable" than Pezzetta. They're both garbage and neither of them matter.

That part I sorta agree with, although we won two Cups with quality depth without having real elite talent other than in net. Quality depth matters once you have figured out your top 6 and top 4.

That part I sorta agree with, although we won two Cups with quality depth without having real elite talent other than in net. Quality depth matters once you have figured out your top 6 and top 4.
Naslund, Robinson, Chelios and Smith were elite in 86. And Muller, Damphousse, Carbo and Bellows were elite in 93. In 93, LeClair, Dionne and Savard were depth. In 86 it was Walter, Green, Gainey and Ludwig.

My son's former teammate Cagnoni scored the winner for San Jose. It's cool he's playing NHL games because he was never the best player on any of his teams until maybe he was 15/16. His late bday helped as he was drafted a year later so extra yr of development.

My son's former teammate Cagnoni scored the winner for San Jose. It's cool he's playing NHL games because he was never the best player on any of his teams until maybe he was 15/16. His late bday helped as he was drafted a year later so extra yr of development.
And that late bday allowed him to constantly play w kids older than him… which IMO is a good thing

Back