• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Preseason Game 1 Rocking Matvelda Michkov RDS

Where does Kapanen fit, anyway?

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Newhook-Dach-Laine
Roy-Dvorak-Anderson
Armia-Evans-Gallagher

Pezzetta as 13th forward
(Adjust those lines as you see fit)

Unless they're content on having him as a spare forward, I don't know where he'd fit in right away beyond an injury call-up. And if you keep him as a 14th forward, you can't keep 8 D. I think it's far more likely they keep 13F 8D 2G.

Where does Kapanen fit, anyway?

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Newhook-Dach-Laine
Roy-Dvorak-Anderson
Armia-Evans-Gallagher

Pezzetta as 13th forward
(Adjust those lines as you see fit)

Unless they're content on having him as a spare forward, I don't know where he'd fit in right away beyond an injury call-up. And if you keep him as a 14th forward, you can't keep 8 D. I think it's far more likely they keep 13F 8D 2G.
Dump Dvorak and/or Evans.

Dvorak & Evans are deadline trades. Some contender's going to be desperate for a depth center who plays the white right way.

They're not going to bench them when they're probable trade fodder in 3-4 months.

Dvorak & Evans are deadline trades. Some contender's going to be desperate for a depth center who plays the white right way.

They're not going to bench them when they're probable trade fodder in 3-4 months.
I can see teams in need of a a solid two way 3C-4C / face off guy, taking on final year of Dvorak’s $4M deal during training camp. CBJ could well be one of those teams or LAK?

If that were to happen Evans likely gets bumped to 3C and 4C role potentially opens up for Kapanen / Beck IF they blow the doors off the camp

Longways to go still…

Last edited:
If you could get a 2nd round pick for Dvorak, I think he'd be gone tomorrow. Especially if we don't have to withhold any salary.

At the same time, I don't think they want to give out roster spots to young players without any veterans available.

If you could get a 2nd round pick for Dvorak, I think he'd be gone tomorrow. Especially if we don't have to withhold any salary.

At the same time, I don't think they want to give out roster spots to young players without any veterans available.

We have plenty of vets, but I think the team likes Dvorak more than we do, especially as a right handed faceoff guy. But I don't think they like him that much either.

Have you seen how many picks we got in the 2025 draft? Waive Evans if you have to, he's a progress stopper at this point and he doesnt have much worth around the league. Playoffs teams want role players with size and grit.

Evans had trading value. Low maintenance utility guy, can kill penalties and pitch in offensively, but I don't see how we resign him with all the Kapanen, Beck and Hage coming up soon.

Have you seen how many picks we got in the 2025 draft? Waive Evans if you have to, he's a progress stopper at this point and he doesnt have much worth around the league. Playoffs teams want role players with size and grit.

There’s no rush. I think they (Dvorak too) have value and will be traded. Might want to use the picks to smooth out an Anderson trade…

Last edited:
There’s no rush. I think they (Dvorak too) have value and will be traded. Might want to use the picks to smooth out an Anderson trade…
Dvorak is different than Evans. No one will give up more than a fourth for Evans, his ice time would be better spent on a guy like Kapanen and if we dont keep him for the beginning of the season he's off to Europe for the year. There is a rush IMO.

Trim the fat.

Dvorak is different than Evans. No one will give up more than a fourth for Evans, his ice time would be better spent on a guy like Kapanen and if we dont keep him for the beginning of the season he's off to Europe for the year. There is a rush IMO.

Trim the fat.
Yeah, Evans has negative value. For Dvorak you might get a pick. Just waive Evans and if he gets claimed, no big whoop.

Evans had trading value. Low maintenance utility guy, can kill penalties and pitch in offensively, but I don't see how we resign him with all the Kapanen, Beck and Hage coming up soon.
Hugo will trade the expiring contracts and maybe try to find that home run deal for Matheson

Habs have too much D depth , a player or 2 will have to wait his turn

Back