• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Preseason Game 1 Rocking Matvelda Michkov RDS

Have you seen how many picks we got in the 2025 draft? Waive Evans if you have to, he's a progress stopper at this point and he doesnt have much worth around the league. Playoffs teams want role players with size and grit.
I'll bet you we can get a 2nd for Evans.

And frankly, I don't care how many picks we have in 2025. This team still isn't very good and beyond Demidov, there's almost nothing in the pipeline for forward prospects.

You could trade Evans for a 2026 second, too. Nothing stopping us from that.

And frankly, I don't care how many picks we have in 2025. This team still isn't very good and beyond Demidov, there's almost nothing in the pipeline for forward prospects.

Nothing stopping us but his trade value....

Nothing stopping us but his trade value....
Beyond a season ending injury or his play dropping off a cliff, neither of which seems likely to me, I doubt his value drops much.

Just need one contending team like Florida that loses one of their centers to injury and they'll come knocking for either Dvorak or Evans.

I don't think so. Maybe a third. Maybe. Likely a fourth.

Beyond a season ending injury or his play dropping off a cliff, neither of which seems likely to me, I doubt his value drops much.

Just need one contending team like Florida that loses one of their centers to injury and they'll come knocking for either Dvorak or Evans.
We're usually the team with injuries at center, which is why Evans winds up in the top 6.

I'll take that bet.

I dont want to give away Evans for nothing, I'm trading him for a year of development in the NHL for Kapanen, which in our situation I value more than a late pick.

Because he could do what Danault could do. I never thought Danault was special either. The world is lousy with guys like that. Pizzaghetti is just Evans by another name. A year from now probably neither one of them will still be here because we'll have Owen Beck.

No one needs to engage in protracted arguments over who our 4th line center is going to be or who it should be. This franchise has never had problems finding 4th liners.

Back