• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

McGill is just as dependent on government money as UQAM. They're a fraud school coasting on theor past glories, like the early 2000's Habs.

Dude why are you such a pussy? McGill is an excellent school. Why do you have to hate? Did nobody teach you how to love?

Dude why are you such a pussy? McGill is an excellent school. Why do you have to hate? Did nobody teach you how to love?
I don't hate McGill per se, but they've been resting on their laurels for decades. Concordia has a better business school, better commerce department and a better engineering school. It also has a journalism school that McGill doesn't have. McGill has medicine and law, but their undergrad programs are nothing to write home about.

My brother went to McGill engineering. Does well for himself. Got a masters. I never cared when he mouthed of because I knuckled his mouth a few times. He stopped.

I don't hate McGill per se, but they've been resting on their laurels for decades. Concordia has a better business school, better commerce department and a better engineering school. It also has a journalism school that McGill doesn't have. McGill has medicine and law, but their undergrad programs are nothing to write home about.
Nobody cares. Undergraduate business degrees, if not from Wharton, are worthless.

Knowing many people who went to McGill and Concordia engineering, the McGill students were superior and it wasn’t close , though a Concordia engineering buddy (not the Price-basher) was trying to get into fights with Laff fans the last game I went with him, so respect on that.

Knowing many people who went to McGill and Concordia engineering, the McGill students were superior and it wasn’t close , though a Concordia engineering buddy (not the Price-basher) was trying to get into fights with Laff fans the last game I went with him, so respect on that.
I told you not to tell

What do you mean? That's a laughably poor offer on our end.

Mesar's a Euroleaguer, Barron & Harris are both fringe NHLers and the 2025 first is going to be in the 20s.

There's virtually no chance Winnipeg would ever entertain that.
I didn't realize McGroarty is an elite prospect. And I think you're undervaluing our assets. Especially, Barron. Polarizing player, but I personally see a lot of promise for this 22 year old RD. Plus a 1st next year? And are we completely writing off Mesar? He's not a prospect anymore having only turned 20 in January? Plus what may be a high pick next year? McGroarty was a 14OA pick in a relatively weak draft. And lots of players both above and below him have already played and/or are playing in the NHL. But I admit I don't know how good McGraorty is or if he's elevated his value in the NCAA that much.

It’s a low ball offer, quantity over quality. I don’t have much hope for Mesar, even if he makes it I have no idea how he fits in our lineup. Barron, if offered, might be the best part of that deal.

It’s a low ball offer, quantity over quality. I don’t have much hope for Mesar, even if he makes it I have no idea how he fits in our lineup. Barron, if offered, might be the best part of that deal.
I don't disagree with quality bests quantity...to a point. For me it comes down to how is McGroarty seen value-wise today. 'Cause the way I look at it is, maybe we can draft a McGroarty with that CGY pick and still have those other assets in our back pocket. Again, is McGroarty that good that he is worth a recent former 1st, a new 1st and a young RD with some real skill to work off. It's not like we're offering old crap with no upside. But if McGroarty is THAT highly thought of a prospect, ok, I guess. We drafted likely better prospect in the 2nd round in the same draft.

Back