• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

Why is Dvorak gonzo again?
Affordable contract for a veteran C who’s NTC kicks in next year - Friedman has said there was significant interest amongst Western Conf teams and expect some will go after Dvorak once the Kadri domino has fallen.

HuGo should be able to extract very good value for Dvorak on the market - I suspect a team like Cgy would be willing to overpay w futures after failing to land Kadri, then there’s always that PLD cloud w Jets

I get that he's easy to move, but don't we also need a center?

I dont get this obsession with cap space when team is years away from competing

Dvorak and Anderson should only be moved for good hockey trades , not salary dumps.

Get younger with a pick or prospect , some combo of netting something now and maybe tomorrow

Gally is the one you move with cap retention in a possible salary dump

Depending on Price and his ability to play he is the next casualty with cap retention .

Hugo is just starting to mold the team , grow the base slowly and patiently .

Simply stop handing out Nero type shit contracts and half your battle is over

I dont get this obsession with cap space when team is years away from competing

Dvorak and Anderson should only be moved for good hockey trades , not salary dumps.

Get younger with a pick or prospect , some combo of netting something now and maybe tomorrow

Gally is the one you move with cap retention in a possible salary dump

Depending on Price and his ability to play he is the next casualty with cap retention .

Hugo is just starting to mold the team , grow the base slowly and patiently .

Simply stop handing out Nero type shit contracts and half your battle is over
Players also get moved to make room on the roster. Often.

Michkov better have a great season or he's going to fall. Possibly significantly.

Two reasons: The obvious Russian factor and his contract. His contract in Russia goes until the end of the 2026 season, so there's a realistic possibility that he won't be in North America until three full seasons after he's been drafted. If he was playing for some middling KHL franchise, there'd probably be a way to buy out his contract, but not for SKA St. Petersburgh.

For a middle-to-late first round pick, that isn't a big deal. That's about when most of them end up in the NHL. But with a lottery pick? Different story.

And these are the guys people forget about then 3-4 years later you get Kiprusov. Michkov is that talented and if they could somehow snag him later should he drop? Gold. Even if you have to wait awhile.

The difference between him & Kipruzov is there were serious doubt that he'd ever leave Russia. Michkov hasn't indicated one way or another his intentions, but Kaprizov didn't seem interested in coming to North America during his draft season.

Michkov better have a great season or he's going to fall. Possibly significantly.

Two reasons: The obvious Russian factor and his contract. His contract in Russia goes until the end of the 2026 season, so there's a realistic possibility that he won't be in North America until three full seasons after he's been drafted. If he was playing for some middling KHL franchise, there'd probably be a way to buy out his contract, but not for SKA St. Petersburgh.

For a middle-to-late first round pick, that isn't a big deal. That's about when most of them end up in the NHL. But with a lottery pick? Different story.

Probably making 4x salary that he would be making on an NHL ELC

And these are the guys people forget about then 3-4 years later you get Kiprusov. Michkov is that talented and if they could somehow snag him later should he drop? Gold. Even if you have to wait awhile.
5 years later..

Back