• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

He's a power forward but he's a 30-40pt guy max. I think a couple of years ago we can say he never hit his peak, he has the physical abilities to be a lot more but he just doesn't put it all together. Maybe he'll open up the lanes on another team, but he's useless for us while we rebuild. The longer you hold onto him, I think his value goes down as he hits age 30 and still never hit his potential unless the cap goes crazy up and you think he could still put it together.

He might be a 40 point player but brings that size , skating and power dimension that few have

If Armia`s are going for nearly 4 , teams will pony up that extra for Josh

He has a MTC but Hugo might be waiting for the right offer

He might be a 40 point player but brings that size , skating and power dimension that few have

If Armia`s are going for nearly 4 , teams will pony up that extra for Josh

He has a MTC but Hugo might be waiting for the right offer

If Armia was able to be traded, he would have been gone last year. Armia's cap hit is also 3.4m. But don't think you are getting anything for Armia right now. This could be our last chance at a top 3 pick again, if we play our cards right. I want us to have a possibly of 2 top 10 picks this year. I just think you have to keep accumulating draft picks and prospects and keep hoping for doubles and an occasional triple and maybe just maybe a HR.

Last edited:
If Armia was able to be traded, he would have been gone last year. Armia's cap hit is also 3.4m. But don't think you are getting anything for Armia right now. This could be our last chance at a top 3 pick again, if we play our cards right. I want us to have a possibly of 2 top 10 picks this year. I just think you have to keep accumulating draft picks and prospects and keep hoping for doubles and an occasional triple and maybe just maybe a HR.

Team has a few more years of drafting in the high lottery

This year is 1 more purging year

It will require 1 more year in 2024 just to get an understanding of what the next course of action will be

Too much surgery was required for a quick turnaround

Team has a few more years of drafting in the high lottery

This year is 1 more purging year

It will require 1 more year in 2024 just to get an understanding of what the next course of action will be

Too much surgery was required for a quick turnaround
We’ll be more competitive next year but there is too many teams ahead of us.

We’ll be more competitive next year but there is too many teams ahead of us.

Maybe , maybe not

All our UFA`s should be gone including Monahan

The trade deadline will purge another 1/3 of this team

Team simply doesnt have the depth at this point

The framework needs to be built first before we can look at how competitive this team can be.

Once you get past 6 players , the rest of the roster is junk

If Monahan is fully healthy and has a very good year... there's no reason that we couldn't re-sign him. Of course I'd be happy if we got a great return for him at the deadline... but if he's like a 70+ type player... no sense in trading him for an underwhelming return.

If Monahan is fully healthy and has a very good year... there's no reason that we couldn't re-sign him. Of course I'd be happy if we got a great return for him at the deadline... but if he's like a 70+ type player... no sense in trading him for an underwhelming return.
"IF"

I don't care how well he plays. He is only here to fetch a high draft pick at the deadline. Nothing else he does will ever be worth as much to the Habs as that. He'll be in a rocking chair by the time this team is a contender again. Put him in a position to accumulate points and when deadline day arrives DUMP HIM.

Hugo traded Monahan for trade asset accumulation

I cant see Hugo going more than 2-3 years with big money for a 29 year old with 7 surgeries

Maybe , maybe not

All our UFA`s should be gone including Monahan

The trade deadline will purge another 1/3 of this team

Team simply doesnt have the depth at this point

The framework needs to be built first before we can look at how competitive this team can be.

Once you get past 6 players , the rest of the roster is junk

We're going to get 20M back in cap space while only losing Monahan, looking forward to see what Hugo does with it. Still, we're easily bottom tier in the East next season.

Hugo traded Monahan for trade asset accumulation

I cant see Hugo going more than 2-3 years with big money for a 29 year old with 7 surgeries
Hughes stated if Monahan shows he’s regained form Habs would prefer to extend him vs trading him

Back