• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

29 when Monny wants his money, good bye
Depends on what he is asking for in cash / term and what offers we get for him.. if he rebounds this year to at least 20 + goals, he may be a good option to help with the rebuild if his salary exceptions are fair ..

Depends on what he is asking for in cash / term and what offers we get for him.. if he rebounds this year to at least 20 + goals, he may be a good option to help with the rebuild if his salary exceptions are fair ..

This is this final potential good contract

If he has a good healthy year he is traded for a handsome return

He is too old for our rebuild unless he accepts a 2 year deal

Team has too much bad money tied to Gally , Price , and others

Simply add those 1 year UFA vets to buy some time , then be active when the team has turned a corner into sustained playoff status .

Simply add those 1 year UFA vets to buy some time , then be active when the team has turned a corner into sustained playoff status .

I doubt anyone will sign him long term, too much risk. He might do better getting a short term contract and then his final big one.

Price salary is not a concern, JD salary is off the books at the end of this year so is Dads, and Bryon.. Nothing wrong with extending SM if he proves to be of worth, I like what i see of him so far.,

Price salary is not a concern, JD salary is off the books at the end of this year so is Dads, and Bryon.. Nothing wrong with extending SM if he proves to be of worth, I like what i see of him so far.,
It is an issue if he is extended beyond 2 years

CC is going to get paid and Guhle looks our next stud to get paid

If SM was 23 its different , as Wehave says he will be in a wheelchair by the time Habs are contending

Use our cap space to get the next good salary dump deal for more asset accumulation

I dont see this regime overpaying like Nero

Optimistically, Monahan can be a Plekanec-like dependable, though slightly overpaid vet. Whether that's worth it will depend on if we'll still be a rebuilding or a playoff-calibre team like those early to mid 10's teams were.

Regardless of how Monahan plays this year, his injury history will always be something I'd worry about. It's like his injury history is like Gallagher, who gets pucks to the hands from blocking shots. Those won't alter his game much. But multiple hip surgeries? That shit is worrisome.

I would not re-sign him. I'd do my absolute best to prop him up and get the absolute best return possible before the trade deadline.

Back