• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

I wasn't really making reference to any comments in this thread, just making a general observation of how strange things have gotten. If you were either a liberal or conservative in 1985, fell into a coma and woke up in 2023, the country would seem like a really strange place...
politics just replaced religion re tribalism

Politics just became sports fandom but on a greater, and unfortunately much more important, scale.
True. But not sure it is new.

I remember back in uni researching why ppl vote for a particular political party and the number 1 factor was... Who your parents voted for.

What really fucks ppl up is realizing that the liberals and Conservatives are basically the same thing in terms of policy. Sure they speak a big game but brokerage politics wins the day.

And that folks, is the epitome of “privilege,.” A lot of people were a lot more than “inconvenienced” because of Covid restrictions. Obviously you weren’t, you’re lucky.
Without telling tales out of school I know for a fact that Alan had A LOT at stake and was needlessly put at risk every time some hillbilly decided that his right to be an unvaxxed, unmasked idiot was more important than public safety.

Yeah wehave supports mask mandates (even though he doesn't wear), lockdowns and coerced vaccinations because GOP was against all three.
I supported mandates and lockdowns when there was no vaccine. I never supported mandatory vaccination either. All I've ever asked for is that the willful ignorance of antivaxxers be punished. If you choose not to get jabbed you must suffer the consequences of your choice, i.e. stay the fuck home. Go be an idiot somewhere else.

I supported mandates and lockdowns when there was no vaccine. I never supported mandatory vaccination either.
Not completely fascist
All I've ever asked for is that the willful ignorance of antivaxxers be punished. If you choose not to get jabbed you must suffer the consequences of your choice, i.e. stay the fuck home. Go be an idiot somewhere else.
Oh so close. Maybe next time.

The one where Stinky said he hates the left? Well I do too. But I also hate the right. Because both sides are dominated by those loudmouth idiots I was complaining about. Both sides have lost a lot of people by pandering too much to their extremists.
1675618447804.gif

The one where Stinky said he hates the left? Well I do too. But I also hate the right. Because both sides are dominated by those loudmouth idiots I was complaining about. Both sides have lost a lot of people by pandering too much to their extremists.

Yes. You hate the "left" because you believe the non sense stinky was spouting.

Left wing, right wing. Broken wing.

I wasn't really making reference to any comments in this thread, just making a general observation of how strange things have gotten. If you were either a liberal or conservative in 1985, fell into a coma and woke up in 2023, the country would seem like a really strange place...
And only missed 2 Habs cups. The really strange part.

Same
I hate the right as well.
The left ones are closer to home for me.
Left, right - it doesn’t matter.
Like you said it’s the loud mouths and the bullies and the underlying need for dominance.

Back