• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

Just a guess. The feeling I get is Petry will probably be on the opening night roster, and Allen is in demand. With signs pointing to Kuemper going to Washington and Campbell maybe going to Buffalo, there aren't a ton of options remaining for Deadmonton.

Petry is plan B for anyone who misses out in UFA

I see him gone in 2-3 weeks

Petry is plan B for anyone who misses out in UFA
That was my more thought through perspective (not my gut saying it’s LA coz of Bergevin.) Still, it’ll really depend on who emerges as the loser from the UFA sweepstakes and their desperation/ appetite to take on Petry.

He could be gone, but he may well be there at training camp.

I would be pretty happy with a Necas for Petry deal. Even if we have to add Poehling.

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Necas - Dach/Dvorak - Anderson
Hoffman - Dach/Dvorak - Dadonov
Armia - Evans - Byron

2 Things

1. They are very different type players.

2. AD has a very big attitude problem and is also an Alt Right nutter. Petry is a well respected vet.
Agreed but Petry is no longer a big point producer who can anchor a PP , AD can lead a PP

As I mentioned Petry has to net a good hockey trade , not a salary dump .

Hugo should do very well with this transaction

Petry, like the rest of the team had a pretty nice turn around under MSL. I expect him to look a lot more like the old Petry this season.

Rumor is we are trading for PLD. Obviously against the rebuild but given how Molson can't help himself to get back into the playoffs even if it's just 1 round every year, it would make sense.

I wonder if like the Dach trade, we have an agreement in principle with Carolina, dependant on getting another asset from another team.

Whatever it is, even if it's a mid 1st round pick for next year, we will still get a good player. Having 2 top 15 picks next year will be sick if they can get that. Although I don't think Petry is worth that, but maybe Dvorak+.

I wonder if like the Dach trade, we have an agreement in principle with Carolina, dependant on getting another asset from another team.

Quite possible when right up against the cap. Gotta move salary to bring an NHL player on board.

Agreed but Petry is no longer a big point producer who can anchor a PP , AD can lead a PP

As I mentioned Petry has to net a good hockey trade , not a salary dump .

Hugo should do very well with this transaction
Ducharme hurt Petry. He was banged up and not understanding the system. Nobody was.

Yeah makes a lot of sense but why trade with them after everything? The only reason I can see is that the return is worth it.
HuGo were never involved w Aho or KK incidents. It’s a blank slate, no different than doing business with any other of the 30-NHL teams from their perspective…

Back