• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

I wonder if like the Dach trade, we have an agreement in principle with Carolina, dependant on getting another asset from another team.
If it’s Canes then it’s ca$h payout plain & simple. I.e Petry’s a need and $3M bonus is the sticking point

Wow. Can you imagine going from the days of Pleks, Shaw, Galchenyuk and Torrey Mitchell down the middle to PLD, Suzuki, Dach and Evans?
That would mean Dvorak (manageable AAV) + Poehling (since Jets like Minny boys) + Dman prospects (Winter-peg desperately needs)

No high cap hits going back to Jets as they’re looking for young players / prospects and trying to jettison contracts

it's obvious PLD wants to play here....so wait it out, get another top 8 pick, and trade for him next summer

Doesn't make sense though. We should be hard tanking the next 1-2 years and he's a UFA in 2 years anyways and wants to come here. So why lose assets now? WPG is not giving him up for free, he's going to cost more than Dvorak.
Sure it does, if the mandate is to emulate NYR rebuild. Tank year done, year 2 is roster makeover completion, year 3 playoffs or bust

Back