• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Shane Wright

Funny thing aboot tampa
they have missed on a few high picks
- Connolly at 6th in 2010
- and our good friend Druin at 3rd overall

The key for them though is Hedman (2) and Stamkos (1) (back to back years - so Bedard and Wright please) and getting Kuch in the second round
Agreed w Hedman - but their key was Al Murray inside track having scouted Point & Cirelli since they were 13 for Hockey Canada after being canned by Kings for a subpar scouting record, and of course Kucherov was the ultimate game changer

If Wright has an ROY type of year, then he could potentially drag us out of the bottom 8 range for next year's generational draft (I did a lot of reading the last week).

If Wright has an ROY type of year, then he could potentially drag us out of the bottom 8 range for next year's generational draft (I did a lot of reading the last week).

He could win rookie of the year and unless we sign some big talent and a goalie, we’ll still be bottom dwellers. Which is a good thing for one more season!

Pens and Oilers had 5 years of crap - i am not recommending this

Pens had

Staal at 2
Crosby at 1
Malkin at 2
Fluery at 1
Whitney at 5

imagine they starting winning after two years of sucking - then team is probably moved

Puljujarvi at 4
McDavid at 1
Leon at 3
Nurse at 7
Yakapov at 1
Nuge at 1
Hall at 1

Its not an exact science with no guarantees

But what will never work is patching with Hoffman or foolishly overpaying Gallagher types

I would rather lose with Wright , CC , and Nick than keep playing a blendered patch job

You are clearly spooked by the Timmins years. Also, this is probably their most important decision of any they'll ever make here. BTW, I'm not saying not to pick Wright. I'd probably take him too . . . but that's irrelevant.
I am, it's the same core of scouts.

I dunno, there are other players with as many points as him. And they are not all over-agers.

On the other hand, maybe he’s hurt?

Last edited:
Definitely needs to start the year in the O and when we have a secure top 5 pick 2/3 of the season in, then call him up.
Cannot call him up until his ohl season is over (which will be after the Habs season is over).

If they draft Wright he will play in the NHL.

Back