• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Shane Wright

HuGo needs to draft whomever they want, not the "safe" pick," even though here the that may be the same player.

I dunno man, that never worked so well in the past, and we still don't have a head scout so I'm more leaning toward the consensus pick in this case. Tired of trying to outsmart everyone and falling flat.

I dunno man, that never worked so well in the past, and we still don't have a head scout so I'm more leaning toward the consensus pick in this case. Tired of trying to outsmart everyone and falling flat.
HuGo are not being paid millions just to "play it safe." They might make the wrong pick, in hindsight, but you have to draft who you actually want. It's the first time in 42 years that the Habs will be able to draft anyone they want to in the first round.

HuGo are not being paid millions just to "play it safe." They might make the wrong pick, in hindsight, but you have to draft who you actually want. It's the first time in 42 years that the Habs will be able to draft anyone they want to in the first round.
Someone pissed in your flakes this morning

You outsmart everyone in the lower first to the end of the draft

How about Chychrun + Yotes 3OA for Weber contract + 1st overall + Calgary’s 1st + 2023 1st top-11 protected? 😂

Last edited:
Why would you pay that much?
Young 1st pairing Dman w friendly AAV + cap relief from Weber and still get one of the mediocre prospects from this cuvée w/o sacrificing the potential of Bedard should another year of suckage occur

They can earn their salary on the other decisions this summer.

They can earn their salary on the other decisions this summer.
You are clearly spooked by the Timmins years. Also, this is probably their most important decision of any they'll ever make here. BTW, I'm not saying not to pick Wright. I'd probably take him too . . . but that's irrelevant.

No. I'm not trading the 1st overall pick for that. It's the first time in 42 years that we can draft whoever we want with our first pick.
It’s not a competiton about who can win a draft, it’s about building a team w good young talent at key positions.

Young 1st pairing Dman on team friendly deals are not out there floating around for the taking.

This is also a draft of pig vomit talent up top, not McDavids

Back