• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Shane Wright

McDavid
15 years old - 63 games - 25g, 41a for 66 points
16 years old - 56 games - 28g, 71a for 99 points
17 years old - 47 games - 44g, 76a for 120 points

Wright
15 years old - 58 games - 39g, 27a for 66 points - actually a bit better than the mcdavid numbers
16 years old - no games
17 years old - 63 games - 32g, 62a for 94 points - mcdavid was a bit better at 16 years old then wright at 17

Wright is no mcdavid - but what did the missed year do?
There are really good players that are not McDavid.....

Nugent Hopkins

15 years old - 5 games - 2g, 4a for 6 points
16 years old - 67 games - 24g, 41a for 65 points
17 years old - 69 games - 31g, 75a for 106 points - so similiar to wright

I am guessing Wright is somewhere in the middle - but is it closer to nuge or mcdavid

i am not a fan of the comparison to bergeron - as he is a unicorn - if it turns out that way - sweet but people also thought every big guy was the next Lucic
Wickenheiser had the same points as a 17 year to that of Wright.. 32g 62 a 94 pts :) just saying

Does Wright have a sister who's better than him at hockey like Wickenheiser did? He's actually a tragic figure. Very sad story.
Wick was a decent player, he just wasn't generational nor was he a first rounder. Denis Savard was the best player in that draft (he went 3rd, after Wick and Dave Babych) but like Wright he also was not a generational player. A Hall of Famer, sure, but not generational. If Wright can have a career like Savard's I'm happy with the pick.

Back