• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Shane Wright

Wright is nowhere near as sexy a pick as a Bedard or McDavid etc. What he is though is the safest pick for a very good /elite player and the Habs can't afford to fuck around. Teams like Colorado and Tampa can.
If all goes well, a Plekanec…. eventually

Definitely a solid 10-year NHL player

Wright is nowhere near as sexy a pick as a Bedard or McDavid etc. What he is though is the safest pick for a very good /elite player and the Habs can't afford to fuck around. Teams like Colorado and Tampa can.
he has fallen from the mcdavid hype
but i hope he is more towards the tavaeras, stamkos level than the nugent hopkins level

Snake said he applied “through the media” for a gig w Habs - “he wants a consulting role like Vinny not a day in day out go to the rink job” (his exact words not mine), pretty demanding for someone who’s never officially worked in the NHL in any capacity if you ask me
I don't recall him ever saying that.

I have heard him say, however, that he wants to be a head scout where he's the one making the decisions.

I've never heard Wright's playing style compared to Nico's but Nico is a good player . . . when he's not out with an injury.
It's not a style comparison.

Would Shane Wright end up as one of the top two way centers in the league along Bergeron, Kopitar, Barkov, Crosby, or is he going to end up like Hischier, who is a pretty good player, but an underwhelming choice for the first overall pick.

It's not a style comparison.

Would Shane Wright end up as one of the top two way centers in the league along Bergeron, Kopitar, Barkov, Crosby, or is he going to end up like Hischier, who is a pretty good player, but an underwhelming choice for the first overall pick.
Depends on his development.

Back