• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Shane Wright

Wow he has changed , havent seen him in years in Montreal

Grew up with a good buddy of mine in Montreal

I met hi ma few times at my buddy`s house

I think Gates Orlando was there on holidays in attendance with a few ex players as well

1. Montreal Canadiens: Shane Wright, C, Kingston (OHL)

OK, so Wright isn’t the exciting prospect you would expect to add with the top pick in the draft, but there’s no point wishing for a franchise player when there isn’t one available. I see Wright as a bit like Nico Hischier in his draft year, although there might not be Cale Makars and Elias Petterssons after him like there was behind Hischier in 2017.

While Wright’s decent season in Kingston raises questions about his true offensive upside, the Habs also need to look at what his floor is. Wright is highly likely to become a very good NHL player and a first-line centerman, and a good enough player to help the Habs build a one-two punch at center that could one day resemble the Patrice Bergeron-David Krejci years in Boston (although, let’s be clear, Shane Wright is not Patrice Bergeron).

A more electrifying prospect may hint to higher potential or pizzazz, but would he have as good a chance of reaching his ceiling as Wright? Montreal simply doesn’t have the luxury of making a mistake with this pick and Wright can be a great building block for them.

I'm not that high on Wright but I've been somewhat encouraged by his second half. Still I think you have to go with him. Complete two-way center who's at best will be a first line center and a worst a 2nd line center.

if we listened to him we would have hughes instead of kk
He also says that Bergevin should have fired Timmins on Day One.

Says that he never liked Drouin, a guy who dangles and looks good in a scrimmage but can't do it at NHL speed with opposing players trying to kill him.

Says pretty much the same thing about Norlinder. He's a ballerina who should go back to Europe because he won't be an NHLer.

Says that NONE of the Habs' blue line prospects (Guhle, Barron, Mailloux, et al) will be elite top pair defensemen.

if we listened to him we would have hughes instead of kk
And Forsberg over Galchenyuk. He had Forsberg ranked #1 on his list at the time.

Honest question: If we had Hughes & Forsberg instead of KK & Anderson, do we have a better chance of winning the Cup last year?

He also says that Bergevin should have fired Timmins on Day One.

Says that he never liked Drouin, a guy who dangles and looks good in a scrimmage but can't do it at NHL speed with opposing players trying to kill him.

Says pretty much the same thing about Norlinder. He's a ballerina who should go back to Europe because he won't be an NHLer.

Says that NONE of the Habs' blue line prospects (Guhle, Barron, Mailloux, et al) will be elite top pair defensemen.
He never liked Drouin, so much so that he ranked Drouin #1 above MacKinnon & Jones in their draft years.

*Edit, sorry, small mistake, mistaked him with Nichushkin.

Last edited:
I'm not that high on Wright but I've been somewhat encouraged by his second half. Still I think you have to go with him. Complete two-way center who's at best will be a first line center and a worst a 2nd line center.
It seems to me that scouts are much better at predicting floors (likely averages) than they are at predicting ceilings (so-called "upside") Wright is the player who scores low on the "risk" scale and high on the "reward" scale. There may be others who score higher on the latter, but I doubt that any of them score lower than Wright on the former. For that reason alone the Habs should not fuck around with this pick and just go with Wright. You can pick him and not wake up with regrets down the road. Even if Cooley or the Slovak set the world on fire, Wright will still be a damn good player. This is not like reaching for a guy who belongs in the second round.

And Forsberg over Galchenyuk. He had Forsberg ranked #1 on his list at the time.

Honest question: If we had Hughes & Forsberg instead of KK & Anderson, do we have a better chance of winning the Cup last year?
The Snake also said he wouldn’t take Matthews 1OA his draft year… ooops

Here's the thing with Simon Boisvert.

He's legitimately one of the best I've ever seen at predicting future stars in hockey. One of the things that makes him stand out the most is he does not follow conventional wisdom, and he has been ridiculed online by so many. He had the audacity of placing Forsberg #1 in his rankings about Yakupov, the consensus #1 draft pick in 2012 and he was relentless mocked. Nobody else had anyone but Yakupov #1, there wasn't even a debate. Fast forward to a decade later...

Is he perfect? Nope, but nobody is. He wanted Laine over Matthews, wanted Jost over a whole bunch of players in 2016, etc. Out of anyone who publicly posts their lists, he's as good as it gets.

Here's the thing with Simon Boisvert.

He's legitimately one of the best I've ever seen at predicting future stars in hockey. One of the things that makes him stand out the most is he does not follow conventional wisdom, and he has been ridiculed online by so many. He had the audacity of placing Forsberg #1 in his rankings about Yakupov, the consensus #1 draft pick in 2012 and he was relentless mocked. Nobody else had anyone but Yakupov #1, there wasn't even a debate. Fast forward to a decade later...

Is he perfect? Nope, but nobody is. He wanted Laine over Matthews, wanted Jost over a whole bunch of players in 2016, etc. Out of anyone who publicly posts their lists, he's as good as it gets.
Wright is nowhere near as sexy a pick as a Bedard or McDavid etc. What he is though is the safest pick for a very good /elite player and the Habs can't afford to fuck around. Teams like Colorado and Tampa can.

Has this genius, the "Snake," ever actually worked for an NHL team in scouting?
Snake said he applied “through the media” for a gig w Habs - “he wants a consulting role like Vinny not a day in day out go to the rink job” (his exact words not mine), pretty demanding for someone who’s never officially worked in the NHL in any capacity if you ask me

Back