• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Shane Wright

I have mentioned that a few times on the board: Boston had Bergeron and Krejci (Bergeron lite), so it would not hurt if the Habs had a Bergeron and Krejeci tandem in Suzuki and Wright. Throw Dvorak and Evans in the mix and we just might have solid depth up the middle going forward
And they still needed the greatest year a goalie has ever had to win a cup.

I think they should draft Wright at 1. I also think they should make an effort to get #2 or #3.

This is the draft to make a splash. get aggressive and pull a Brian Burke.

I think they should draft Wright at 1. I also think they should make an effort to get #2 or #3.

This is the draft to make a splash. get aggressive and pull a Brian Burke.

Stay the course and the keep our picks , no need to make a splash when we are nowhere near ready to win anything

Pulling a Burke will cost a bundle , no thanks.

I would only trade # 1 to move down for Nemec if some team is foolish enough to grossly overpay .

Last edited:
Picks 26-29ish and 33 are important.

I would consider using 50 to help grease a trade that gets a shit contract off the cap.

Picks 26-29ish and 33 are important.

I would consider using 50 to help grease a trade that gets a shit contract off the cap.

Maybe to move Petry to get some cap relief

However , Petry should be an easy trade if its salaries matching

I think if the Habs eat 3 mil Gally to the Kings is doable with Brown retiring and no money coming back

Stay the course and the keep our picks , no need to make a splash when we are nowhere near ready to win anything

Pulling a Burke will cost a bundle , no thanks.

I would only trade # 1 to move down for Nemec if some team is foolish enough to grossly overpay .

If there is a strong offer, moving down a few spots might not be a bad idea.

Ya. People forget he was McDavid good at 15 and then missed his entire 16 year old season.

Could be he plateaued or that he is just delayed. Glad Timmins isn't the one trying to figure it out.
If that 15 year old was playing Midget AAA you could say he plateaued. When a 15 year old scores like Wright did in the OHL against 17 and 18 year olds? That's not a mirage or a one off, that's a harbinger of things to come. You don't have to be a generational player to be a point a game player and have a Hall of Fame career. If the HHOF was reserved only for generational players it wouldn't be the Hall of Fame, it would be the Broom Closet of Fame because they wouldn't need much space.

If Wright pans out as expected, he will be the best player on the ice in most games he plays. His goal production went down a bit this season but his assists nearly tripled. 66 points in 58 games as a 15-16 year old and 94 points in 63 games this season while playing a 200 foot game. I'll take that bet every time.

Back