• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Shane Wright

There’s zero indication of positive upward trend, if anything he’s stagnated, and is simply part of a a very weak draft cuvée
What trend? He didn't play last year.

Wright will be Plekanec at best.

Lehkonen will magically become Lehtinen at 27.

Those are some hot takes man.

I think the problem is you're expecting he should have the same improvement from his 16 years old to his 18 years old season as other prospects who didn't miss a whole year of development in between.

There’s zero indication of positive upward trend, if anything he’s stagnated, and is simply part of a a very weak draft cuvée
No upward trend? After no season last year... this year he went from like a point per game for the first half of the season to 2 points per game for the second half.

That's some outstanding upward trending.

By that standard neither was Wickenheiser. He had a decent career, just not with the Habs.
Do you even believe the stuff you write? First off he had his best season with the Habs, with a career high of 25 goals and 55 points. He played 550 games. For a first overall, that’s a bust. Nobody would ever suggest that Napier and Corson were bust.

I want to see a full roster of Plecky clones. But each of them would have one beast mode hero move.
That would be the ultimate team. No goalies. No problem.

Do you even believe the stuff you write? First off he had his best season with the Habs, with a career high of 25 goals and 55 points. He played 550 games. For a first overall, that’s a bust. Nobody would ever suggest that Napier and Corson were bust.
If you play 550 NHL games you aren't a bust. Terry Ryan was a bust.

So the ultimate question to be asked, if Wright has a Wickenheiser type career as 1OA is he a “bust of a pick for the org”?
Wickenheiser is considered a bust because he was touted to be a generational player when he was drafted. So if he didn't become that he was destined to be labeled as a bust. But this time around, pundits can't even agree that Wright is the clear #1 choice, he's simply one of 3 potential first overall picks. Precisely no one is projecting Wright to be a generational player so the bar for him isn't nearly as high as it was for Wickenheiser. All Wright really has to do is not end his career eating Slafkovsky's or Cooley's dust. If he becomes another Galchenyuk or Kotkaniemi then you can call him a bust. But even then it will depend largely on how well or badly Slaf and Cooley make out.

If Wright ends up being a two-way but somewhat unspectacular C like Toews/O'Reilly, but Cooley ends up being an Yzerman/Sakic type, would Wright end up being considered a bust? I guess a bit disappointing relatively, but not a bust.

Back