• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Sinclair/Ballys/ESPN/TNT ... broadcasting access, tips and notes

Apparently, there is/was an issue with the Fox Sports Go app and U-verse? I think I’m one of the few subscribers on this board, but my daughter couldn’t get the game on the app last night. I tried logging in at the arena and the message came up that it wasn’t authorized. My wife used it last week, was last night a one time thing?

3 weeks later, it’s still not resolved with the update to Bally’s last night. Unlike the tweet I posted, neither Bally’s or AT&T responded to me on Twitter.

With the new update, I was able to set up an account on the app and link my Spectrum account to it.

I linked spectrum, but tried to create an account to set favorites so Canes appear at top of app)---no luck. Said I should get a confirmation e-mail--I did not (checked spam folder). Asked for password reset, no email received.....

I'm in limbo....

I linked spectrum, but tried to create an account to set favorites so Canes appear at top of app)---no luck. Said I should get a confirmation e-mail--I did not (checked spam folder). Asked for password reset, no email received.....

I'm in limbo....
If it's any help...

I did not get the emails either, but I had my company's IT manager check and they were being quarantined by our server due to suspicion of being phishing emails. Once he released them, I was able to finish registering.

Sharing music is really a struggle if you don't have money to buy good apps to share music with. There are a lot of apps on various websites though, like Shareit or Happymod, where you can share everything from files to photos, videos, and music. I use them at work to share work files and they are easy to use and that's why I recommend them to you. I hope you find similar free apps and you get to share your music with other people without any problems.

Last edited:
Bump

To those who use the Bally App to stream games, is this only a "Live Steam" or can you start the stream say an hour later at 8 PM and FF thru commercials and the intermission stuff?

What options are available with the ESPN+ (NHL.tv) app?

Thanks in advance.

Bump

To those who use the Bally App to stream games, is this only a "Live Steam" or can you start the stream say an hour later at 8 PM and FF thru commercials and the intermission stuff?

What options are available with the ESPN+ (NHL.tv) app?

Thanks in advance.
It will start Live but you can “rewind” it to the beginning. Just grab the slider at the bottom and drag it to the point you want it to start

The regional split thing is a problem going forward, I think. It would be simpler and probably eventually more profitable for the leagues if a national outlet like ESPN could provide a single streaming and cable platform for all their game inventory. Getting from where we are now to that point ... I dunno. It's going to be a period of turmoil to be sure, and leagues like the NHL and MLB are going to suffer more than those with less pressure to grow their market.

FWIW, I couldn’t watch the game on the app last night but I was able to use the website. The app sucks on toast.

I watched on the Bally App, but dang it's hard to Fast Forward and Rewind. And those non-Commercial breaks seem interminable.

Anyone have a better experience with the ESPN+ app?

I've never actually used the Bally's app, but the ESPN+ app is fairly decent when it's behaving itself.

FWIW, I couldn’t watch the game on the app last night but I was able to use the website. The app sucks on toast.

I watched 162 Braves games, all of the Hurricanes games last year, the hornets, and the game last night using the app and never once had an issue. The only time I thought it was broke was when I clicked on the wrong feed. Sometimes when they are playing teams that are also on Bally’s they throw up both feeds but don’t tell you which one is which. I always seem to click on the away feed first and get the “you are not authorized to watch this “ message….. and every time I get it I still think somethings broke until I remember there are 2 feeds. Lol

I have had troubles trying to watch the games as well. Did not help I tried to get a subscription on The ESPN Player app I am supposed to use in the Netherlands via my computer at work (working for a German company often gets me a German IP). Finally made it happen on my laptop. No luck yet on Apple Tv nor on my Iphone, but seeing as both my tv and Iphone will be replaced soon and my fellow Caniac here in NL managed to watch it over his phone an Aplle tv, my hopes are good for the future

My fellow Dutch Caniac came through: I now managed to link it to my apple tv and the Iphone as well, i kust have to check tonight for the live play… (more than willing to lose a little night rest for that!)

MLB is in talks to launch a league-wide, blackout-free streaming service. NHL and NBA are also said to be considering the same. (link)

MLB is in talks to launch a league-wide, blackout-free streaming service. NHL and NBA are also said to be considering the same. (link)
We were discussing this in the NHL Misc thread and the consensus there was that MLB's commissioner was talking out of his butt. Of course he'd like to launch a one stop blackout free streaming service ... but the league doesn't actually control the rights to do that, and some of the clubs' rights are spoken for already. What we have here is a blogger who didn't do his homework. Shocking, I know.

Back