• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tank Nation Thread

The NFL is a completely different system

There are studs in every round , you dont need a top 10 pick to find your next pro bowler

Its all about schemes and systems , most of your draft are plug and play starters

Only terrible regimes like Detroit can stink for a decade

No excuse how every team cant have some success in a decade with true free agency , and a large flexible manageable cap

NHL , you need luck to land a true difference maker

Leafs would be nowhere if one ping pong ball lands you DuBois and not 34.

System is fine , its the only way teams can improve in a rigid cap world with limited talent
would probably be the same in the NHL if they got drafted at 21/22

Looking at the remaining schedules of the Coyotes, Kraken and us, we’re not finishing higher than 31st, with a decent chance at 32nd.
We could easily finish 30th. Price is coming back it will probably give a boost to the team, and we're already the best of those 3 teams right now, plus we have an easier schedule. On the plus side, we have one more gp than both of them.

Looking at the remaining schedules of the Coyotes, Kraken and us, we’re not finishing higher than 31st, with a decent chance at 32nd.

Arizona has 2 games they could win, vs NJD tonight and CHI. So, it would be almost impossible for us to finish in last. Also, it will come down to the wire with SEA. That's how the cookie crumbles when you have a couple of meaningless wins and OTs. We have to hope the lotto gods come through.

I remember about a month ago when people were worried we would drop out of the top 10 and relinquish our pick to Arizona in the Dvorak trade.

Good times.

Getting the first pick this year would be symbolic at best because the draft is at home. But otherwise a top 4 pick is good enough for the misery that has been thrust upon us.

Arizona has 2 games they could win, vs NJD tonight and CHI. So, it would be almost impossible for us to finish in last. Also, it will come down to the wire with SEA. That's how the cookie crumbles when you have a couple of meaningless wins and OTs. We have to hope the lotto gods come through.
We only have 3-4 games that should be winnable ourselves. Seattle has the easiest remaining schedule. I’m fine with drafting any of Wright, Cooley or the big Slovak wing. I also think it’s possible that the NHL will “help” us with the lottery as the draft is in Montreal. I’m dead serious and no, I’m not usually a conspiracy theorist but . . . Bettman and Gorton are buddies.

We could easily finish 30th. Price is coming back it will probably give a boost to the team, and we're already the best of those 3 teams right now, plus we have an easier schedule. On the plus side, we have one more gp than both of them.
Seattle’s schedule is the easiest of the three.

We only have 3-4 games that should be winnable ourselves. Seattle has the easiest remaining schedule. I’m fine with drafting any of Wright, Cooley or the big Slovak wing. I also think it’s possible that the NHL will “help” us with the lottery as the draft is in Montreal. I’m dead serious and no, I’m not usually a conspiracy theorist but . . . Bettman and Gorton are buddies.

I hope its rigged for us

Ironically enough, I expect HuGo will offer up 1OA for Laffy should they land the pick…
I don' think so, especially since your gal, Emile C., didn't get the GM gig here. We need another top 2 center and Wright probably fits the bill even if he's not a future superstar. We're not going to be bad enough next year to realistically be able to draft Bedard.

Yup, like the Ewing draft of he NBA

Didnt they move up huge to get both Laffy and Kakko

They jumped from 6 to 2 to get Kakko.

They had the 11th best record in the league in 2020, but that was the pandemic year and they lost in the first round so they got put back in the lottery and ended up with the 1st overall. Incredible luck.

Seattle’s schedule is the easiest of the three.
They have 3 games against eliminated team, we have 4. They also have a lot of games against team fighting for their playoffs hope, which is probably harder at this point of the season than a Florida who's pretty much guaranteed first and might rest key players and #1 goaltender against us.

They jumped from 6 to 2 to get Kakko.

They had the 11th best record in the league in 2020, but that was the pandemic year and they lost in the first round so they got put back in the lottery and ended up with the 1st overall. Incredible luck.
If you believe it was just luck. I'm not convinced of that.

Back