• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tank Nation Thread

It is a great ceiling , but some folks are calling him the next generational freak ..... I dont see it

What CMD has produced at age 25 with awards and ALL NHL teams is ridiculous

Kane is in that next tier of elite franchise players like Matthews, Malkin, etc.

IMO, Matthews is as good as McDavid. I like his 200 ft game better.

It is a great ceiling , but some folks are calling him the next generational freak ..... I dont see it

What CMD has produced at age 25 with awards and ALL NHL teams is ridiculous
maybe not but what bedard is doing in junior is at least equal to mcdavid - probably better so far
but a lot can happen between 16 years old and the NHL

mcdavid was PPG at 15 years old
bedard was 2 PPG (in limited games - thanks covid)

at 16
mcdavid - 56GP 28G 71A - 92 points
bedard 59GM 49G 43A 92 points

he will have to take another step next year but so far so good

8 games left. Even if we lose every game, ARI would still need to win 1. That's really our only shot right now.

Actually the difference in odds between 32 and 31 is more than double. The difference tapers off after that
4E273344-AB58-4424-BFD3-638FA3921782.jpeg

IMO, Matthews is as good as McDavid. I like his 200 ft game better.
Not sure I can disagree with that. Matthews is a remarkable hockey player, even if McDavid might take your breath away more often. I do see Matthews play more often than I do McDavid.

I'm not fond of throwing praise the Leafs way, but there it is. It will be interesting to see if either can establish any kind of playoff pedigree at some point in their careers however. If only one does, that will be the greatest lasting legacy.

Reactions: CH1
Not sure I can disagree with that. Matthews is a remarkable hockey player, even if McDavid might take your breath away more often. I do see Matthews play more often than I do McDavid.

I'm not fond of throwing praise the Leafs way, but there it is. It will be interesting to see if either can establish any kind of playoff pedigree at some point in their careers however. If only one does, that will be the greatest lasting legacy.
McDavid is better. And by a fair bit.

Matthews is a stud, no doubt there, I would still take McDavid or Draisaiti over him, just better complete games from M & D.. on another note, when was the last time Canadians teams dominated the top 10 point leaders in the NHL ? 7 out of 10.. (as of this morning) . How can this be possible as some on here thought that the Canadian Division we were in last year was weak, a gift.. :)

Last edited:
Matthews is a stud, no doubt there, I would still take McDavid or Draisaiti over him, just better complete games from M & D.. on another note, when was the last time Canadians teams dominated the top 10 point leaders in the NHL ? 7 out of 10.. (as of this morning) . How can this be possible as some on here thought that the Canadian Division we were in last year was weak, a gift.. :)

CMD can score 25 goals and still win a scoring title

Matthews can score 40 and barely get 70 points

He is best goal scorer in the game right now but Connor controls the play and has elite vision and playmaking

Its like Sid and Ovy conversation for a decade , nice to see both doing what they are doing

I think Arizona's got the last place all but locked up.

They've given up 5 or more goals in 9 of their last 10 games, while only scoring more than twice in any single game once.

Very Ducharmian of them.

CMD can score 25 goals and still win a scoring title

Matthews can score 40 and barely get 70 points

He is best goal scorer in the game right now but Connor controls the play and has elite vision and playmaking

Its like Sid and Ovy conversation for a decade , nice to see both doing what they are doing

ppg
mcdavid 1.47
matthews 1.46

it's fine to think mcdavid's better, but no need to make things up.

Reactions: CH1
Back